Replace Air Filter Soon message

MDavis0424

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm getting the "replace air filter soon" message. The manual talks about a "replace AC (cabin) filter soon" message, but nothing about an air filter message. Is this the same message?

I replaced the engine air filter a couple of months ago, and I checked the cabin filter and it's fine for a while yet. I can't get the message to go away, I hit the status, wait for the "air filter reset for new" message to come up, hit reset but it doesn't reset. I've tried push and quick release, push and hold, push twice, nothing seems to clear it.

What am I doing wrong?

The manual will tell you how to clear the message. I thought you were supposed to go to that message, then hold the reset button until it asked if you were sure you wanted it cleared, then push the reset button again. The cabin filter is the only thing I've had to reset my message center for, so I can't remember the exact wording. But I think that's how it's done. You might checkout your manual if you still have it.

Mark

Don't even replace it unless it is really dirty. Most of the time you can just bump the dirt out and blow it out with compressed air just like the heated and cooled seat filters.....

I just reset the warning light.

The question he's having is, how does he reset it? There's not really a sensor in the air filter box, or in the cabin filter area, that can actually sense the dirt. It's all based off of mileage/time. You could put a brand new filter in, right before the computer is programmed to alert you, and it would still go off. I think he just wants to know what to do to shut it off. I know it gets annoying to hear that chime whenever you start the car. But I'm pretty sure you just hold the reset button until it asks you if you're sure, and then you push the reset again.

Mark

I have to push it once let it go then it says hold rest for new. That's for my 01 if that helps

Yes I just did this today on mine. Same deal as jolinc01 says.

Maybe your Reset button is broken?

Members online

Back