removing speaker grill on 2000 LS

Lincoln LS

1. steagle

steagle Dedicated LVC Member

hey all, i have the most f'in annoying sound coming from the passenger side front speaker. it's the plastic housing that the speaker sits in, it's loose and makes this terrible plastic squeak sound whenever i'm doing 30-50mph. anyways i tried to remove the grill and it's in there super tight and barely budged with a big flathead screwdriver. i know you should take off the door panel to access this but can the grill be popped out from the inside?

2. dtangerini

dtangerini Active LVC Member

You need to remove the door panel, I did it once, and you have to search for screws. I think one is under a flap in the door grip or latch. It's not difficult.

3. LeaSr77

LeaSr77 Dedicated LVC Member

There are three screws on the bottom of the door panel, one on the side, and then look in the handle. There you will see where you can pull up a little flap and you will find two screws in there. Once out just pry the the panel off.

4. LS4me

LS4me Dedicated LVC Member

There is also one behind the black trim piece behind the handle.

5. LeaSr77

LeaSr77 Dedicated LVC Member

Oh yea I forgot that one, I couldn't remember if it was one there or not. Thanks for the add on.