removing speaker grill on 2000 LS

steagle

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hey all, i have the most f'in annoying sound coming from the passenger side front speaker. it's the plastic housing that the speaker sits in, it's loose and makes this terrible plastic squeak sound whenever i'm doing 30-50mph. anyways i tried to remove the grill and it's in there super tight and barely budged with a big flathead screwdriver. i know you should take off the door panel to access this but can the grill be popped out from the inside?

You need to remove the door panel, I did it once, and you have to search for screws. I think one is under a flap in the door grip or latch. It's not difficult.

There are three screws on the bottom of the door panel, one on the side, and then look in the handle. There you will see where you can pull up a little flap and you will find two screws in there. Once out just pry the the panel off.

There are three screws on the bottom of the door panel, one on the side, and then look in the handle. There you will see where you can pull up a little flap and you will find two screws in there. Once out just pry the the panel off.

There is also one behind the black trim piece behind the handle.

Members online

No members online now.
Back