Remove rear panels

SleeperMark

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My black accent trim has been missing on both of my rear panels since I got my car. I have given up on trying to find replacement panels and want to make a new trim piece out of fiberglass and just paint it. Problem is, I cant figure out how these come off without damaging them... Do I need to remove the rear seat? Do they just clip in? Thanks!!

Yes, the seat has to come out to make it much easier. The seat belt has to be removed and there is a screw at the top where the hanger is. The rest is held in by clips if I remember right. It's been 3 years since I put my black interior in. It's not hard, just a little bit time consuming. Someone may correct me on something but it's just what I remember doing.

NoLimit95 said:
Yes, the seat has to come out to make it much easier. The seat belt has to be removed and there is a screw at the top where the hanger is. The rest is held in by clips if I remember right. It's been 3 years since I put my black interior in. It's not hard, just a little bit time consuming. Someone may correct me on something but it's just what I remember doing.
I was afraid so. Alright. Ill give it a shot and let you know. Thanks!!

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Well, I got them out. Painted and drying... Small problem though..... The defroster wire hung up on the passenger side wire and it pulled the assembly off the window. That should be fun to fix..

I forgot about that thing being there in the way or I would have mentioned it. It's been 3 years and I couldn't remember everything in my head but at least now you know what all is involved. Maybe it won't be too hard to fix the wire. Got plenty of time before the first frost comes around. :)

as i was reading, i was gonna say dont break the defrost tab.
but you already broke the defrost tab.
oh well.

the conductive silver epoxy does work though. i used it.

Yea, I was even being careful of it. It must have already been loose. Ill give that epoxy a shot thanks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back