Remote start

BlueLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing an AutoCommander remote start on my 00 LS8.

I have wiring breakouts for everything and have all the power, ignition, locks etc hooked up, however i am confused about the factory disarm wire. The wiring breakout that come with my remote start says to hook it up to the gray/orange wire, however the wiring breakout on the12volt.com says to hook it up to the unlock wire and so does another post on LVC (see link below).

The only gray/orange wire i see is on a separate plug (with only the gray/orange wire and a yellow/green wire) towards the front of the car, right next to the DDM 20 pin plug.

the12volt.com:
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/1312.html

Post on LVC: (wiring breakout halfway down the page)
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=29056&highlight=remote+start

Any help would be great!

If you are looking for the lock/unlock wires, I believe they are in the drivers door. That is where I believe mine are hooked up. The control module in the drivers door controls all of the other doors. I am pretty sure this is where mine is hooked up.

If you are looking for the lock/unlock wires, I believe they are in the drivers door. That is where I believe mine are hooked up. The control module in the drivers door controls all of the other doors. I am pretty sure this is where mine is hooked up.

I have the lock and unlock hooked up already. But there is an alarm disable wire on the remote start that disables any alarm installed in the car (factory alarm in this case) before the car starts, so the car starting does not set off the alarm.

In the other post here on LVC the wiring breakout says to hook it up to the unlock and so does the12volt.com. However, i don't want the remote start system to unlock the doors before the car start (the car would be unlocked wile running).

The wiring breakout that came with the system says (meant for an 00-02 lincoln ls) to hook up the alarm disable to the gray/orange wire, but does not specify what plug that wire is on, however the only gray/orange wire i see is on the plug i pointed out in my first post.

i got an 00 ls too did the python 990 rem start alarm, it will arm the factory alarm with the lock and disarm the factory alarm with unlock both are in the DDM (drivers door module).

i got an 00 ls too did the python 990 rem start alarm, it will arm the factory alarm with the lock and disarm the factory alarm with unlock both are in the DDM (drivers door module).

Yeah, i know. The remote start sends a pulse to the disarm wire to disarm and alarm system before starting. So if i hook it up to the unlock wire on my car, I'm worried that it will unlock the car before starting it. So for example, if i start it to warm it up during the winter i don't want it to be sitting in my driveway or in the parking lot at work unlocked (and running).

How does yours work? Does your remote start unlock your car? If so, does it stay unlocked?

no mine doesnt unlock the door stays locked, ive seen on other cars i did they would unlock for like two seconds and lock right after.

Members online

Back