Remote keyfob help! Part # lookup also

Blackout

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I already made a thread before on here about how to program a remote keyfob since when I bought my Mark VIII it didn't come with one. So someone posted me a link to how to do it. ok fine. I go to the Lincoln dealer and ask for the keyfob and I get it and head home. Well today I go to program it and everything is working fine until I get to the part where I need to hit the lock button on the keyfob and its supposed to cycle through and then you take out the key and your all done. Well when I hit the lock button nothing happened. So I showed my dad the keyfob and was wondering the samething as me. Does anybody else's keyfob have a big like switch on the back of it that says something like memory something and you can switch it on or off? But anyways if someone knows the correct part number for the keyfob that would be great. But the part number for the one I got is as follows: F80Z15K601AA I called the dealer again and he says its the right one and I should just come down and have them do it but I'm not looking to spend $50 for them to do it when it takes all of 2 minutes if that long. But thanks for the help guys!

The back of my keyfob has the following:

TRANSMITTER 2
FCC ID: GQ43VT4T
DOC: 1470 K763
TRW INC. 3165189

and there is no button whatsoever on the back

rmac694203 said:
The back of my keyfob has the following:

TRANSMITTER 2
FCC ID: GQ43VT4T
DOC: 1470 K763
TRW INC. 3165189

and there is no button whatsoever on the back

I've never seen one with a switch on the back.

The remote that comes with the Marks should have a switch on the back. This is so you can recall the memory settings when you unlock the car or have the memory turned off, like if you let someone else use the car. If they use your remote with the switch turned off, then the memory will not be selected and they can set things like seat position to their needs without changing your programming. The Ford part numbers are F8OB-15K601-AA and F8OB-15K601-BA. The part ending in AA is the Memory Recall 1 tag and BA should be the Memory 2 tag. Both have the on/off switch for memory recall on the back. And by all means, don't let the dealership do the programming for you...that's just a ripoff!

Note: I posted this before I looked at a chart of remotes for all Ford/Lincoln/Mercury models from 1992-99. The Gen I Marks have a different remote than the Gen IIs do. Sorry for the misinformation.

97 Ivory Pearl VIII said:
Note: I posted this before I looked at a chart of remotes for all Ford/Lincoln/Mercury models from 1992-99. The Gen I Marks have a different remote than the Gen IIs do. Sorry for the misinformation.

;)

not all gen 2's are the same either:.................

6080.gif

014DE.gif

The one on the right is the one I have for my Mark VIII. BTW this is Blackout not Katshot

Moes8 said:
not all gen 2's are the same either:.................

Last time I had to replace a remote, the dealer could only get the square one. I guess the "peanut" isn't available any more (at least from Ford) and the square takes its place. Either one will work...the square remote works on my '97 with no problem.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the module is bad and that is why I didn't get one from the dealer because maybe he didn't want to shell out the cash to replace it because that is the only other thing I can think of. Has this happened to anybody else? if so how much of a pain in the ass is it to replace the module and how much would one cost?

Transmitter instructions

Can you please tell me where I could find info on programming a like transmitter. I have the transmitter but no instructions. Thanks Mark

my 94 has no switch but my mom's continental with the "peanut" has it so yours might not if its gen 1

There is a programming procedure for Gen Is that involves finding the programming connector which is supposed to be located in the left rear quarter panel. I'm not sure which pins need to be jumpered (maybe someone else can provide that info). This is done while the key is in the "run" or "ACC" position. You momentarily jumper the proper pins together, and the doors will lock and unlock to show that you're in the programming mode. Press any button on the first transmitter and the doors will lock and unlock. Press any button on the second transmitter. Then turn the ignition off. Locks will cycle again to indicate end of programming mode.

The procedure is different for a Gen II. If you need that info I have it too.

Good luck!

The Gen 1's do not have a switch on the back. Too bad too, because I just gave 2 keyfobs away within the past year or so because I upgraded to an aftermarket alarm.

Here are the directions on programming the 93-96 keyfob.

I hope this helps.....
:Beer

Katshot said:
The one on the right is the one I have for my Mark VIII. BTW this is Blackout not Katshot

Yours should look like the one I am going to attach, not like the one in the above pic. The two in the above pic are for Gen 2's not Gen 1's. :Beer

gen1keyfob.jpeg

1wykdmk8 said:
The Gen 1's do not have a switch on the back. Too bad too, because I just gave 2 keyfobs away within the past year or so because I upgraded to an aftermarket alarm.

Here are the directions on programming the 93-96 keyfob.

I hope this helps.....
I followed those instructions to a T and it did not work. I got it to cycle when you trip the system but from that point on mine wouldn't program. I guess the reason why it didn't work was because it was one of the gen 2 key fob's so does that actually make a difference?

I would have to assume so, because most ppl that sell them stipulate that they are for the 93-96 Marks (Gen 1) not the 97-98 Mark (Gen 2).

Look at it this way, you would not expect a Viper alarm keyfob to work on a Avital alarm would you? No, each alarm has its own keyfob. I would purchase one from ebay for the Gen 1 and go from there. If the one you purchase from ebay works....which it should.....then take the other one back to the stealership and throw it in their faces and tell them what we ALL know.....they have NO clue what they are doing.

Can anyone tell me how to program a remote for a 1994 Lincoln Towncar?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back