Rejoining the LS family

rsimmons1

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Sup all. I had a '01 V8 non sport a few years ago and thanks to you all I was able to fix all the minor problems without spending a fortune. Anyway, I've been in the market for a new car and decided I really had to have a '06 LS. I bought a black/black with 72k. It doesn't have the nav unit or woodgrain but has the heated/cooled seats, moonroof and HID's. I'm a little nervous because I bought it from an out of state dealer w/out driving it but I'm expecting it to have 0 issues as they claimed. The exterior looked flawless in all the pics but I only have one to share with you guys. I'll take more when it gets here.

25955091121323132301IM102565x421_A562x421.jpg

I already ordered the K&N typhoon, Hoen fogs/high beams & the chrome turn signal bulbs. Other than that all I plan on doing is maybe 20% tint, led conversion and ss brake lines. Can't wait til it arrives!! This community and all the knowledge on here really helped my decision buying this vs. some random new car.

Why didn't you check if there was a member in that area who would check it out in person before you purchased it? That would of been smart.. Either way, it's a nice looking ride! Looking forward to more pictures!

06's tend to have very few issues and with 72K miles there's should be nothing wrong.

It looks good. aside from the limiting surplus of some parts the ability to limit any problems and tips keeps me feeling confident in my LS. This forum has been great to me

Why didn't you check if there was a member in that area who would check it out in person before you purchased it? That would of been smart.. Either way, it's a nice looking ride! Looking forward to more pictures!

because in the end it really doesn't matter... any thing he finds right away can (should be fixed by the dealer). anything else will be to little to late (unless it falls under lemon laws) ... Plus many "seasoned" members around here aren't to worried about any problems they might run into, they know what to look for...

Great find buddy, welcome back...you said it doesn't have woodgrain, what does it have...silver? black?

Yeah I should have had it checked out but I saved a lot of money by buying this one over one a few hours away. I can reinvest that savings if I have to. We'll see I guess

Great find buddy, welcome back...you said it doesn't have woodgrain, what does it have...silver? black?

It looked like the steering wheel and shifter are black leather and the rest of the trim is silver.

Welcome back. Nice upgrade!

Well, I have a few things already but I still don't have the car. It should be here by the end of the week. It was supposed to be here already but was delayed due to the holiday. It's a bit stressful.. I'm not sure I'd buy a car this way again... but hopefully it arrives soon with no problems.

IMAG0091.jpg

You're wasting no time! Very nice mods and car.

Thanks. I'm trying to get the good stuff out of the way so all I have to do is maintenance.

Just got it a couple of hours ago. The exterior was ridiculously dirty but a quick wash got most of it, I'll have to do a hand wash this weekend. The interior looks almost flawless but there are some minor issues with the car. I do hear a creak/squishy sound coming from the front left... probably the sway bar bushings if I remember correctly? The driver side heated seat doesn't work but I saw a thread about that recently and the tranny shifts a bit stiff unless I punch it, then I don't even feel it shift. I'm loving the HID's.

Oh and they put a brand new battery in it that doesn't appear to be vented...

Thanks. I'm trying to get the good stuff out of the way so all I have to do is maintenance.

Just got it a couple of hours ago. The exterior was ridiculously dirty but a quick wash got most of it, I'll have to do a hand wash this weekend. The interior looks almost flawless but there are some minor issues with the car. I do hear a creak/squishy sound coming from the front left... probably the sway bar bushings if I remember correctly? The driver side heated seat doesn't work but I saw a thread about that recently and the tranny shifts a bit stiff unless I punch it, then I don't even feel it shift. I'm loving the HID's.

I'm going to put new end links on the front of mine as well as a driver side upperballvjoint tonight. The sway bar bushing have already been replaced. Why you ask? I also have a creaking/squishy sound coming front the front left of my car and it is driving me crazy! Started shortly after my drop. I have also since replaced the front struts and noise is still there i hope the parts tonight fix it.

I'm going to put new end links on the front of mine as well as a driver side upperballvjoint tonight. The sway bar bushing have already been replaced. Why you ask? I also have a creaking/squishy sound coming front the front left of my car and it is driving me crazy! Started shortly after my drop. I have also since replaced the front struts and noise is still there i hope the parts tonight fix it.

Keep us posted on if it helps or not. I've had a noise from the front since my drop as well.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. That's the LS.

Keep us posted on if it helps or not. I've had a noise from the front since my drop as well.

I am sad to report that none of these items fixed my issue:mad: I am not sure where to go from here? Maybe the brake booster? I say this because the brake pedal is a bit crunchy when going into reverse as well as sometimes forward. Maybe there is something in the pedal or booster or master cylinder causing my issue?

Damn, what else is there to replace? Mine is worse today it's like I'm riding a log wagon but only coming from the driver's side front. If the car bounces at all it's creakin and squeakin. A friend and I are going to look into it tomorrow, we'll see what happens.

Members online

Back