Recently killed my 01 LS on a deer. Who wants parts?

Never mind on the dual exhaust...only swaps with a CV or GM from the same era.

Little hope for a differential matchup either.

Don't think any of the body parts swap either.

Would like the rearview mirror if it is autodimming.

Are the wheels the diamond spoke laced wheels, and if so what size?

Would like the rearview mirror if it is autodimming.

Are the wheels the diamond spoke laced wheels, and if so what size?

You do realize that this is a DEW98 car, not a Panther, right? It has a lot more in common with a Jaguar than any other Lincoln. You can make the mirror work, but it doesn't have an external temperature display. The wheels won't fit. As for the differential, go out and look under an LS some time. (I've had four (five if you count the 73) Grand Marquis, and two LSes.) The Grand Marquis is a great car, and you can get parts for it almost everywhere. The LS is also a great car, but you can't get parts for it from almost any other car, with very rare exceptions.

Little hope for a differential matchup either.
wrong car, these are not the same, they are not interchangeable

Don't think any of the body parts swap either.
totally the wrong car dude, nothing is interchangable

just to be very clear, these two cars (ours and yours) are two completely different platforms, they do not share any drivetrain parts, they do not share any body parts, they have completely different electrical systems. you have a mustang motor, we have a jaguar motor... the list goes on...

on the other hand, the Lincoln Town Car IS a panther car, it would make sense that some/many parts may be interchangeable...

also, a Lincoln LS is nothing like a Lincoln Town Car.

Your analysis is absolutely correct. I knew there was a lot of interchangeability with the TownCars and the Grand Marquis, but didn't know how much the LS was or wasn't like the TC. And I wanted to jump up quickly in case anything did work.

However, I am still hot on the trail of an H-pipe and driver side tailpipe, muffler and hangers. I will be checking with my contact at a FoMoCo parts counter to see if they are interchangeable.

Any chance of getting the VIN on this vehicle so I can have a parts lookup run? Thanks.

If the car is not dual exhaust, forget the whole thing. But if it is, there is a good chance that at least those parts might swap.

Sorry guys. I'm back. VB, even if the exhaust did fit, you don't want it. The DS is in poor shape, and the PS is not much better. MN winters are very hard on a car.

Alright BigRig. I'll make you a deal. You have the parts you want for shipping alone, you just have to send me one Calgary and one Avalanche stanley cup ring from the current Molson promotion. Oh, and you have to be my middle-man if Bud ever starts selling those Bud Goal Lights again. ;)

It looks like I have the engine compartment plugs and seat rail covers, if you guys are still interested. Just make me an offer.

persistent... I can respect that.

I wanted to jump up quickly in case anything did work.

it doesn't

I will be checking with my contact at a FoMoCo parts counter to see if they are interchangeable.

if he gets paid by the hour, please dont waste the dealers money... if he is salary, then please do not waste his time...

But if it is, there is a good chance that at least those parts might swap.

100% incorrect

However, I am still hot on the trail

actually you are as cold on the trail as you can get... "hot on the trail" would mean that you are close to finding what you want. there are no CV/GM/TC parts to be had here. so the trail has gone so cold a bloodhound would give up.

honestly, if you are serious about getting these parts, go over to the town car side of this forum and see whats up over there... that about the best shot you're gonna get.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?5-Lincoln-Town-Car

.... And I wanted to jump up quickly in case anything did work.

However, I am still hot on the trail of an H-pipe and driver side tailpipe, muffler and hangers. I will be checking with my contact at a FoMoCo parts counter to see if they are interchangeable.

Any chance of getting the VIN on this vehicle so I can have a parts lookup run? Thanks.

If the car is not dual exhaust, forget the whole thing. But if it is, there is a good chance that at least those parts might swap.

All LSes are dual exhaust. You are still not getting the picture here. You would have about the same luck (none at all) trying the salvage parts from a Jaguar or a BMW for your Grand Marquis.

Hey, 1Loud,

I meant I was hot on the trail to find the things I am looking for, not that I still thought the LS was the answer.

But I do think that there is at least a chance that an autodimming mirror, with or without a compass and with or without a temp display, might fit, even if the body and frame are entirely different. In which case you are 100% incorrect that I am 100% incorrect...maybe 99%, but I doubt that you are so familiar with both the parts on the LS and the GM that you can say for certain that there are NO parts that interchange.

And as to the wheels, I realize the diameter is probably larger, but I am considering putting larger (maybe 16 or 17s)...or do the LS not have the 5x14.5 with 70.5mm centerbore? I am planning on putting on larger hubs in order to put the larger rotors on the front, but not looking to go to a different basic pattern.

As to your presumption that I would be wasting the parts guys time or the dealers time, first, he is able to look out for his own interests, and second, he is a friend and is also interested in parts interchangeability for Panthers. And for most of the day, he is off in a room by himself, with no one to talk to, and is busy only about 25% of the time.

Plus we have an understanding, that if he has any other business to take care of, he can and does set aside what we are working on, and takes care of the rest. And before you decide that I still might be taking up valuable parking space that could be used by a paying customer, (a) I too am a paying customer, I just don't pay every time I go there, and (b) they have plenty of parking spaces.

Do you work in the accounting department at FoMoCo, or do you just like to act like you are qualified not only to repeat that the LS is not similar to the TC, which had already been posted, but that you also think you are busy stamping out my alleged misuse of dealer time. Or do you just like being Loud?

And as to the wheels, I realize the diameter is probably larger, but I am considering putting larger (maybe 16 or 17s)...or do the LS not have the 5x14.5 with 70.5mm centerbore? I am planning on putting on larger hubs in order to put the larger rotors on the front, but not looking to go to a different basic pattern.

The LS wheels are 5X108 with a 63.4mm hub bore.

The LS is pretty unique to the Lincoln line-up. Like has been said time and time again. The LS has infinitely more in common with Jaguar than any American marque. My independent mechanic even calls my LS a Jag. When the car's ready he calls me and tells me the Jag is ready!!

Don't feed the troll guys....

Sorry, one more time...

...But I do think that there is at least a chance that an autodimming mirror, with or without a compass and with or without a temp display, might fit, even if the body and frame are entirely different. ...

There's no "if" about the body being different. Also, BTW, it's not body on frame like the GM. Anyway, yes you can make the mirror work, but why are you so determined to get one from an LS? They tend to go for more, since there are so few of them. You could get the auto dim mirror from almost any other car too, maybe even a Crown Vic or a Grand Marquis. A quick e-bay search shows plenty of those, and they are going for about $40.
I do very much like the auto dim. In fact, I put an auto dim mirror from and Explorer in my Ranger. It had the added benefit of have auto headlights built into it, which I also wanted on the Ranger.

Actually, I think the exhaust is fine, but the weld or another section is bad. I had both mufflers replaced about 1.5-2 years ago. The DS cat is most definitely bad. If you really want to see what you can do with it, you're welcome to make an offer for the whole car. It runs and drives, but the radiator at least is shot from the collision, and few of the body parts are worth anything as it has a good amount of cosmetic damage. Sorry, but I don't have time to pull big parts right now. It seems interest has dwindled, so I'm likely going to donate/scrap it soon.

So was that a no on the bolt that holds down the spare tire and jack to the trunk? LOL

So was that a no on the bolt that holds down the spare tire and jack to the trunk? LOL

Oh. I totally missed that. LOL. That is still there and should be good. There was water in the well when I jumped the beast this afternoon, so I'll double check that it is good. I'll send that one off to you for shipping as well.

md, no luck on them Calgary and Avalanche team rings just yet, I'm on my third case ... (j/k) gonna take me all summer ... and I don't even prefer beer, rather be sucking back some Morgan spiced to find any cracker jack plastic prizes.

Thanks for the wheel info. I was unaware until now that it wasn't the other size.

And since I just happened across the LS section of LincolnvsCadillac after scrounging up some tech articles, honestly I wasn't aware that the LS was so Jag like until it was pointed out to me. Though I have to say I see little similarity of a modern LS to either my former 1961 Mk II with the the 3.8L sedan in British racing green, with wire spoke wheels and knockoff hubs.

Nor does it resemble (even mechanically, forget styling) either the E-Jag or the XK140.

The MkII had a BorgWarnerStudebaker auto trans with a really nice feature that later Jags lacked...press the brake at a light, leaving it in gear. Brakes locked...no creep. Press the gas when green, brakes released automatically. No transmission creep or need to keep foot on the brake or shift to neutral.

Several decades ago I thought it was just a matter of time before that would be standard on all auto trannies, but have never seen it again. The LS wouldn't happen to have that, would it? (Curiosity killed the cat; satisfaction brought it back to life.)

So apologies to all of you LS owners for not recognizing its Jag-ness earlier, though I was aware it wasn't a Panther, and probably not a BOF before I got here.

Is the consensus among LS owners that it is a well-executed Jag or not? just curious...some of those FoMoCo era Jags looked like badge-engineered midsize Fords, though I really don't know about their mechanical nature, as the styling never appealed to me.

Thanks for the wheel info. I was unaware until now that it wasn't the other size.

And since I just happened across the LS section of LincolnvsCadillac after scrounging up some tech articles, honestly I wasn't aware that the LS was so Jag like until it was pointed out to me. Though I have to say I see little similarity of a modern LS to either my former 1961 Mk II with the the 3.8L sedan in British racing green, with wire spoke wheels and knockoff hubs.

Nor does it resemble (even mechanically, forget styling) either the E-Jag or the XK140.

The MkII had a BorgWarnerStudebaker auto trans with a really nice feature that later Jags lacked...press the brake at a light, leaving it in gear. Brakes locked...no creep. Press the gas when green, brakes released automatically. No transmission creep or need to keep foot on the brake or shift to neutral.

Several decades ago I thought it was just a matter of time before that would be standard on all auto trannies, but have never seen it again. The LS wouldn't happen to have that, would it? (Curiosity killed the cat; satisfaction brought it back to life.)

So apologies to all of you LS owners for not recognizing its Jag-ness earlier, though I was aware it wasn't a Panther, and probably not a BOF before I got here.

Is the consensus among LS owners that it is a well-executed Jag or not? just curious...some of those FoMoCo era Jags looked like badge-engineered midsize Fords, though I really don't know about their mechanical nature, as the styling never appealed to me.

The Jaguar equivalent is the S-Type....... The DEW98 platform was/is unique to the LS andS-Type; and I believe the previous (maybe current, I haven't kept up) generation XJ. The X-Type was a badge-engineered Mondeo; which as you know, wan't available in the States.

Oh. I totally missed that. LOL. That is still there and should be good. There was water in the well when I jumped the beast this afternoon, so I'll double check that it is good. I'll send that one off to you for shipping as well.

Yes. As long as you have everything circled here. Just let me know what the cost is. Thanks. 33615

image.jpg

image.jpg

The bolt and wing nut (whatever it is called) are pretty rusty at the point where they sit when installed. The bottom might be a bit rusty too. I might not have the large washer piece that goes under the nut too, I don't recall seeing it. Still interested? I can upload a pic too, if needed.

The bolt and wing nut (whatever it is called) are pretty rusty at the point where they sit when installed. The bottom might be a bit rusty too. I might not have the large washer piece that goes under the nut too, I don't recall seeing it. Still interested? I can upload a pic too, if needed.

No, thank you. :)

Members online

Back