Recall about the rear seat

Silver LS8

LVC Member
Reaction score
did anyone get it replace an how long did it take.. is it even worth bringing it to the shop.. well i'm getting mines done anyways . i got the letter about three weeks ago and i minus well do it since it going in for other reason..

I got the notice for my 2000. There was a sticker in the envelope they say to attach to the rear seat back. The letter said if your seat backs don't easily latch when you fold them up, to take it to the dealer for adjustment. Kind of a useless recall. What kind of 'tard would drive around with an unlatched seatback with someone sitting there? Someone must have done so and gotten himself hurt.

the letter I got wasn't a recall - but a 'reminder' to make sure the rear seats completely latch when I put them back up. Apparantly some people are finding that the trunk mat or other items from teh trunk are getting in the way and when the seat are folded back up they don't latch.

I received a little sticker to put in my owner's manual on top of the 'latching the rear seat' verbage.

I got one and I thought it said the dealer would just adjust the latch, not replace anything.

Silver LS8 said:
did anyone get it replace an how long did it take.. is it even worth bringing it to the shop.. well i'm getting mines done anyways . i got the letter about three weeks ago and i minus well do it since it going in for other reason..

On my 04 they were able to adjust one side but had to order parts for the other side which has taken a few weeks.

Dutch said:
What kind of 'tard would drive around with an unlatched seatback with someone sitting there? Someone must have done so and gotten himself hurt.

BINGO! How'd you guess. Ford got sued (and lost, can't remember how many $millions) by someone who's kid got hurt when they rear-ended someone else and something heavy in the trunk came crashing through the rear seat. The sad thing was the child was actually in the FRONT seat and the injuries suffered had nothing to do w/ whatever came crashing through the rear seat.

I got the same notice Quik LS got. I know my seat backs are latched properly.

So Dutch have you had any issues with you LS8 :)? If I may ask... do cases that involve mechanical defect without personal injury make it very far?

Members online

No members online now.
Back