I removed the engine many moons ago. Supposedly it had either a cracked block or a blown head gasket. After tearing it down neither myself nor my helper friend with lots of experience doing these kinds of things (though never on this Lincoln 3.0 DOHc) could see any problem even when slowly searched with a loupe. So we continued to clean it up and decide what parts to replace. I did get a bit of a scare when I brought the crank n to be polished when the machinist said it looked too far gone. But when he measured it, it was good and he went ahead with it. Here's some pix of the way it looked when it came out. I'll take more when it comes back polished. You can see the damage to the left. Here's the front cover. Sorry for the blur. This thing was black as coal before we power washed it. A partially cleaned-up girdle AKA lower block. Close-up of some damaged bearings. A representative piston and rings. Bottom of a piston which has been cleaned up just a bit View of piston and rod. We will be replacing all the pistons and all the rings but the rods seem fine. Finally a picture of the block after a power wash. All a learning experience for me. Never been inside an engine before. THis old dog is learning some new tricks. Will post more when assembling new parts, some of which just arrived. Oh, a few got posted automagically. So first is another pic of the block showing the oil cooler mounting point. And an end view of block and finally flyweel mount.