Rear Window Lasagna Trim

Bluesman73

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So has anyone came up with a decent method of fixing the dreaded lasagna rear window seal? I once read the seal is unavailable separately from the glass; is this still true?

Anyway, let's hear some of your creative ideas on the subject!

not much you can do.

There have been some people who glue it, or tuck it, but ultimately, no matter what, it'll lasagna, and then completely dry out...

My 93's is still very good. I wonder if anything can be done to keep it that way? (rubber conditioner etc.)

This is what I did:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=33173&highlight=wrinkled

Has held up great. Try to keep it out of the sun :D

My 93's is still very good. I wonder if anything can be done to keep it that way? (rubber conditioner etc.)
keep the car garaged and/or under cover, and keep all of the seals on the car treated with a good vinyl/rubber protectant (NOT armorall - use something like Meguiar's Gold Class or Natural Shine protectant, Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #40 protectant/cleaner (my preferred product), 303 Aerospace protectant - or similar)

If it's lasagna'd already, I say tuck it. That's what I did with my '93. Fortunately, my '96 is pretty flat for now except for just one spot...

I've tuck my 95 and I trimmed my 94... my 93 isn't too bad.

Either way they look fine. Don't notice the trimmed 94 and every once in a while I have to retuck my 95.

Any pics of the trim after it's been cut? I would like to see what it looks like. My trim is still pretty good so far but my friends 94 is starting to wrinkle in a few spots. Would a heat gun make it go flat again you think? It's not dried up yet, still pliable and shiny. Just lifting up and wavy.

Thanks for any advice.

My 98 is just beging to get one spot. a local glass shop said they can make somthing to replace it for $400 -$500 ... woof .

Wow, that's a lot! And I though new glass was expensive! Did they say it would be a factory replacement part, or something they would make up. From my understanding, Lincoln had a zero tolerance fit for the rear glass.

Members online

Back