Rear Trunk Lens Full of Water.

ethosb

LVC Member
Reaction score
The left reflector lens (top photo) attached to the trunk lid is full of water. You can see in the images that the left one is darker on the lower red reflector and the silver on the upper portion is flaking off (black in the coating). Cannot find the parts numbers of these to order the correcr replacement. It only has three nuts on the back, so removal is not an issue. Just can't find a part number. Anyone have an idea?

Lincoln Left Lens (563 x 600).jpg

Lincoln Right Lens (481 x 600).jpg

That happened to mine and it was replaced twice but I'm under warranty. I'm sorry I can't help with the part number, just wanted to let you know that it is a common issue because of poor manufacturing I believe.

might be on the part itself and I would try to look in a boneyard???...and I consider Sealing the others up before it happens to them too

Same thing happened to my 2004, and oddly enough, the same taillight. I wonder if just the driver's side has the issue? I tried sealing it with no luck, so I just watched ebay until one popped up, and bought it for like $7. Watch ebay. For a temp fix, take a tiny drill bit and drill a hole in the bottom of the lense so the water can drain out. Drill the hole in the bottom edge, not on the face of the lense. This fix worked just fine for the few months it took to find the replacement...but I had mildew in the lense from the standing water (hence the purchase of the replacement).

Anyone know what the part number is and what it is called? The Ford parts guy quoted $91.76 for the "tail lens", but he was not sure about what I was asking I do believe.

It's called the deck lid tail lamp. Team Ford sells it for $99. They don't list the part number though. If you think the parts guy quoted the wrong part walk him outside and show him what you are talking about to confirm.

Members online

No members online now.
Back