Rear sub fram mounts/bushings

IIRC Powerflex had polyurethane subframe bushings for the XF that (I think) were the same as the S-Type. I'll check my notes & try to confirm

Not sure if this is relevant what you are talking about or needing but I have this gem here it’s brand new (7miles on it I believe) been garage kept til last week I had to move it out on driveway. I was about to remove the differential and sell it and the subframe separately if this is something you are in market for let me kno before I list it.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yessir. No stranger to shipping parts. I have a truckload if hard to find parts for these cars. And adding to the stock monthly.

I have some used control arms as well. And axles rotors brakes etc. but this piece is brand new, my understanding is their was a truckload being delivered and hauler got in wreck and all the cars were salvaged. It has the 3.31 rearmed if not mistaken. I drained the fluid and sealed the holes off

yo @milehighmikey I need the part number u used for the 2 rear fronts , I tried some Uro bushings cause they were super cheap but they were for 2003 s type, And did not fit they were too big.

How big is too big. The bushings aren't designed to just "slip in" the subframe hole. It's a friction ("interference") fit. A press will be necessary.

Another thought...

Jaguar went on to make revisions on the S-Type, that weren't passed along to the LS. It's possible (maybe) that ordering the front rear subframe busings for a 1999-2002 S-Type may work.

@04_Sport_LS about half an inch bigger not 100% sure but then I noticed the holes on the side of the uro bushing, and theres only like less than a quarter inch of rubber and under its metal so i figured theres no way they could go in

Half inch is quite a bit. I'm guessing that Jag upgraded/revised those bushings when they came out with the S-Type R... and used those bushings on all S-Types at that point.

Again... maybe bushings from/for an early S-Type may work.

Uro Parts are known in the Jaguar world to sometimes be a bit off, particularly in regards to bushings. Occasionally they put the wrong parts in boxes too. Lemforder was the original OEM manufacturer, so if you can find someplace with NOS parts you'd be better off.

I suggest taking several measurements (especially the O.D.) of the existing bushing you are trying to replace.

Then call Terry's Jaguar in Kalamazoo,Mi. ... and tell them what/which bushing you are trying to replace. They may have something in stock.

I can get the right bushings, its just that would you pay 500$+ for two ? lol not me. talking to Linc right now as I want to get the whole rear

Not to take a sale away from Linc... but you may want to check shipping from Gulfport to Canada before jumping in with both feet. The bushings might be more economical in the long run.

Just a thought.

Oh...damn...hadn't thought about that

Not sure if this is relevant what you are talking about or needing but I have this gem here it’s brand new (7miles on it I believe) been garage kept til last week I had to move it out on driveway. I was about to remove the differential and sell it and the subframe separately if this is something you are in market for let me kno before I list it. View attachment 828577261View attachment 828577262
PM sent.

Members online

Back