Rear Strut Replacement

Read some reviews....

They don't look promising.....

I read several reviews on Amazon and with the exception of one reviewer that drove 2000 miles towing a trailer in his Volvo, the other reviews were all 5 stars. Even the trailer hauling Volvo driver got 20k miles before he replaced them. For me, 20k miles will be a little over 7 years from now.

As far as replacing the Coil Springs - if they aren't broke, don't replace right? Although they can be hard to find, I did find OEM for around $93 each.

As far as replacing the Coil Springs - if they aren't broke, don't replace right?

your going to get some conflicting arguments about that one... springs do wear out over time as the constant compression and uncompression does cause wear on the metal.

most people will never replace them until they break, but to me, a lot of the time, if you're waiting for a part to fully break before you replace it, your waiting way too long. at least in my experience, the four broke springs I have had (three in different cars, and the one car that had two both broke with in 10k miles of each other) all happened between 130k and 160k-ish

your going to get some conflicting arguments about that one... springs do wear out over time as the constant compression and uncompression does cause wear on the metal.

most people will never replace them until they break, but to me, a lot of the time, if you're waiting for a part to fully break before you replace it, your waiting way too long. at least in my experience, the four broke springs I have had (three in different cars, and the one car that had two both broke with in 10k miles of each other) all happened between 130k and 160k-ish

When I had the car on a lift two weeks ago, it was apparent that its never seen a salted road so I'm going on the theory that even though the Coil Springs are 13 years old and have 149k miles on them, they aren't likely to fail any time soon.

Salt only eats the outside surface. Fatigue eats the entire spring.

WI'll a 2005 or 2003 rear coil spring fit a 2000 lincoln ls
The part guide says first and second gen springs are different. Of course, that in itself doesn't mean for certain that it won't work.

Does it show what the diffrence is ?
I replaced my 2002 LSE rear shock absorber and spring when I first bought it with a 2006 spring and shock absorber due to the spring being broke...no problems whatsoever

Members online

Back