Rear passenger window won't roll up.

P Rock

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Early this morning, I rolled down all my windows to get rid of some condensation and the rear passenger one won't roll up.

It makes the noises and moves a little but won't roll up or down. The weird thing is that I can pull the window up or push it down by hands. However, it doesn't stay up, it just kinda falls back down when I try to pull it up.
Anyone have instructions on how to get the rear door panel off so I can take a look? What could this be?

This sucks because my car is at work all day with the window rolled down and it might rain!!

P Rock said:
Early this morning, I rolled down all my windows to get rid of some condensation and the rear passenger one won't roll up.

It makes the noises and moves a little but won't roll up or down. The weird thing is that I can pull the window up or push it down by hands. However, it doesn't stay up, it just kinda falls back down when I try to pull it up.
Anyone have instructions on how to get the rear door panel off so I can take a look? What could this be?

This sucks because my car is at work all day with the window rolled down and it might rain!!
common issue. There is a TSB on the rear regulators - not sure is the dealer still honors it after warranty. the part to fix it yourself are about $50.

Quik LS said:
common issue. There is a TSB on the rear regulators - not sure is the dealer still honors it after warranty. the part to fix it yourself are about $50.

Do I have to get the regulator from a dealer or is there a place you know of?
How do I know if it's actually the regulator that's bad. Kinda sounds like something is off track when I try to roll it up or down.

P Rock said:
Do I have to get the regulator from a dealer or is there a place you know of?
How do I know if it's actually the regulator that's bad. Kinda sounds like something is off track when I try to roll it up or down.

Here's the PNs and one source, they may also be available from www.fordpartsnetwork.com.
JB

Lincoln/Ford has recently superceded the previous parts #'s of the rear door regulator/motor combination to a new seperate motor and regulator setup.

R/R door
Motor - XW4Z-5423394-BA List $72.23 Inet $54.17
regulator- 4W4Z-5427008-AA List $35.57 Inet $26.68

L/R door
Motor - XW4Z-5423395-BA List $72.23 Inet $54.17
regulator- 4W4Z-5427009-AA List $35.57 Inet $26.68

Bill Jenkins
Internet Sales Manager
Signature L/M - click for Parts catalog
3030 E. Sahara Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89104
parts@signaturelm.com
800-876-3280 x272
702-457-0321 x272

What a mess!!

I took the door apart to see what was wrong and the regulator works just fine and so does the motor. The steel cable got all tangled up inside the door and was off the track of the pulley. I might be able to salvage the steel cable and reuse it but the problem is, how does the cable go on the pulley? I mean, what's the pattern? I don't think anyone can help me seeing that this is a weird problem but any help would be appreciated!!!

P Rock said:
What a mess!!

I took the door apart to see what was wrong and the regulator works just fine and so does the motor. The steel cable got all tangled up inside the door and was off the track of the pulley. I might be able to salvage the steel cable and reuse it but the problem is, how does the cable go on the pulley? I mean, what's the pattern? I don't think anyone can help me seeing that this is a weird problem but any help would be appreciated!!!

Sounds like you need the regulator. The old assembly can't be used as the reason the cable became dislodged is the failure of a plastic "D" piece that the cable tracks around. The new regulator uses a metal "D" piece.

Members online

Back