Rear lower control arms part number?

You missed my point. I wasn't suggesting you get them from the dealer. Call FPG and verify THEY have them in stock..
and that they aren't on backorder.

Yes I ordered and paid for it and they contacted me and said they don't have it and refunded, well haven't refunded yet but will in a few days.

The previous parts were discontinued and the correct procedure on an older car is to insert a washer to make up for the 5mm gap in bushing length

it’s the same exact arm just like a 1mm difference at the knuckle. just put 2 washers on the bolt for a super tight fit

So is it a 5mm gap... or a 1mm gap???

Either way... the bushing is supposed to be "clamped" by the bolt in the knuckle in a way that the bushing won't pivot in the knuckle.

When a washer is introduced on either side of the bushing, (trying to fill a gap)... that creates a separate potential pivot point... which could cause wear on the arm or washers, (or knuckle) ...eventually causing slop.

Too hard of a washer... and it will rub/wear the knuckle... or the aluminum on the sides of the bushing.

Too soft of a washer... and the washer will wear... and you end up with play/slop.

Last edited:
some jag guys were grinding their knuckles down to fit ford arms

THAT... was a better way to do it. Always easier, (and safer), to remove material... than trying to add it... because thst still allows full clamping force when the bolt is torqued to spec.

Well the 3W4Z-5A649-AA part numbers ARE obsolete... so yeah... not available.

According to my dealer... the part numbers they gave me... that I listed above... ARE available... so FPG should be able to get them... at a cost of around $500 for both arms, ($245+215).

So is it a 5mm gap... or a 1mm gap???

Either way... the bushing is supposed to be "clamped" by the bolt in the knuckle in a way that the bushing won't pivot in the knuckle.

When a washer is introduced on either side of the bushing, (trying to fill a gap)... that creates a separate potential pivot point... which could cause wear on the arm or washers, (or knuckle) ...eventually causing slop.

Too hard of a washer... and it will rub/wear the knuckle... or the aluminum on the sides of the bushing.

Too soft of a washer... and the washer will wear... and you end up with play/slop.
the bushing is a glorified ball joint, it pivots by design instad of stretching. 1mm washer on both sides to snug it up

even jag dealer techs are using washers. they work fine. if it doesn’t the part has a lifetime warranty, it’s like a 20 minute job to swap anyways

Last edited:
Well the 3W4Z-5A649-AA part numbers ARE obsolete... so yeah... not available.

According to my dealer... the part numbers they gave me... that I listed above... ARE available... so FPG should be able to get them... at a cost of around $500 for both arms, ($245+215).
Doesn't matter what number you use, they both link to each other, at least on fpg, backordered till July 8th they are saying.

even jag dealer techs are using washers. they work fine. if it doesn’t the part has a lifetime warranty,

Then I guess it's ok.:rolleyes:

What if wear is caused on the knuckle... if the washer pivots with the bushing in the arm? Is that under warranty?

If it were me, (me being me), in the situation of "shimming" the control arm... I would have a machinist buddy make some custom washers with knurled faces that will "bite" into the knuckle and the aluminum sleeve in the bushing.

But again... that's me.

Then I guess it's ok.:rolleyes:

What if wear is caused on the knuckle... if the washer pivots with the bushing in the arm? Is that under warranty?
you can literally send them a control arm sliced in half and they’ll refund you. FCP euro’s warranty is so abusable it’s not even funny, these guys even take used oil.

edit: didn’t read that right. if it wears the knuckle then tough luck i guess ‍

Last edited:
yeah I really don't want to wait that long cuz I just put new tires on here and I want to get it aligned before I wreck them, LOL

guess that's really not too far away actually, maybe I can just park it drive my truck and wait till then

Members online

Back