Rear lower control arms part number?

SultanGris

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I found out arms bushings are bad, this thread which lists 2 different part numbers for the arms in post number 19, they both say they fit my car on the parts website, what's the difference does anyone know? Thanks
buying rear LCAs

Not exactly sure what you are asking.

There are 2 part numbers. One for each side. Left rear and right rear.

The contol arms are a "mirror image" of each other... and are not "universal" for either side.

If per chance you are seeing 2 part numbers for each side... one is the updated part number... and the other is the superceded part number.

Hopefully that answers your question.

During development it was noted the DEW98 control arms were not strong enough for a higher torque car. Jaguar decided to have stronger LCAs built for the new 2002.5 S-Type R and XJR. These arms are marked “S.C” and replaced the early arms in all vehicles for the 2003 model year. Dimensionally they are identical.

The jaguar version of these arms got another change in mid 05, a shorter bushing for a redesigned rear knuckle. The previous parts were discontinued and the correct procedure on an older car is to insert a washer to make up for the 5mm gap in bushing length. I’m still mad I bought crappy moogs instead of the original part

Jaguar Control Arm - Lemforder C2P16879 | FCP Euro

Jaguar Control Arm - Lemforder C2P16878 | FCP Euro

free shipping lifetime warranty

Last edited:
Sultan is looking at parts on Ford Parts Giant... for his LS.

Why Jag arms... that need a "spacer washer" to fit properly... when the OEM arms are still available???

edited

Sultan is looking at parts on Ford Parts Giant... for his LS.

Why Jag arms... that need a "spacer washer" to fit properly... when the OEM arms are still available???

edited
the ford arms cost twice as much and have been sitting in a warehouse for 15 years

and no lifetime warranty

Last edited:
Yea there were two numbers listed for each side is what I meant, sorry I wasn't more clear. Thanks.

Yea there were two numbers listed for each side is what I meant, sorry I wasn't more clear. Thanks.

No problem. I kinda knew what you meant. Just wanted to clarify things.

If you get the OEM arms... you'll get at least 130k out of them... depending on your driving style.

By then you probably won't have to worry about any lifetime warranty. ;)

3W4Z-5A649-AA apparently no longer exists from Ford parts giant, rock Auto or global 1 auto parts, any other sources for a Ford one that anyone know of? Thanks

Tasca is as popular as FPG... so maybe.

Local dealer should be able to get them if stock is still available. Show them the FPG site prices... and they might, (maybe), price match... or come close.

Other than that...

Try a google search using "Ford part # 3W4Z-5A649-AA" minus the quotation marks... and start doing some digging.

A bunch of results should show up for Ford dealers all across the country.

One from White Bear Lake MN should show up. Never actually bought from them though.

There was another in Utah, (or Nevada... don't remember now), a few years back that I was buying from... because they offered discount codes... and the price plus shipping was cheaper than FPG or Tasca on in stock parts.

However... they got bought out a few years ago by another dealership.

When in doubt about an "online vendor" (holds true for any internet sales), Google search

"(insert company name here) any good" ... and review results for that business should pop up.

Tasca is as popular as FPG... so maybe.

Local dealer should be able to get them if stock is still available. Show them the FPG site prices... and they might, (maybe), price match... or come close.

Other than that...

Try a google search using "Ford part # 3W4Z-5A649-AA" minus the quotation marks... and start doing some digging.

A bunch of results should show up for Ford dealers all across the country.

One from White Bear Lake MN should show up. Never actually bought from them though.

There was another in Utah, (or Nevada... don't remember now), a few years back that I was buying from... because they offered discount codes... and the price plus shipping was cheaper than FPG or Tasca on in stock parts.

However... they got bought out a few years ago by another dealership.

When in doubt about an "online vendor" (holds true for any internet sales), Google search

"(insert company name here) any good" ... and review results for that business should pop up.
Yeah well ford parts giant and global both said they had it, charged my card then next day send me an email saying it's backordered and cancelled and refunded , guess I'll just have to call them all to confirm first then, they take my money immediately but don't give it back for like 4 days so I'm down like 500$ on parts they don't have, bastards, lol. thanks.

Yeah... sorry to hear that. I forgot to mention to always call and verify they have the parts "in stock".

I did that with a PS pump for my F-150 a few months back. They verified it... and I ordered from the website immediately.

Who knows... maybe somebody on this site saw your thread... and beat you to them.

Called one dealer and they said it's on a month long backorder, so maybe they're still making them? Gonna call some more today and hope to get lucky, otherwise rock Auto had a Moog for$400, don't really wanna spend that much on a Moog when OEM is only around $230, ha

Called one dealer and they said it's on a month long backorder, so maybe they're still making them? Gonna call some more today and hope to get lucky, otherwise rock Auto had a Moog for$400, don't really wanna spend that much on a Moog when OEM is only around $230, ha
the moog is like 120 bucks, they are trying to scam somebody by making another part number for the gen2. look for gen1 years

or just get the real deal jaguar arms that aren’t made in china

the moog is like 120 bucks, they are trying to scam somebody by making another part number for the gen2. look for gen1 years

or just get the real deal jaguar arms that aren’t made in china
Prolly should done the Jag conversion but honestly I forgot about that. I got a Ford one for the other side, want them to match or does it not really matter? Thanks

Yeah... I dug back through your posts and found it.

Current part #'s are

6w4z-5A649-A right side
-B left side

FPG has them listed

$245.10 for right side
$215.79 for left side

Numbers came from my local dealer. You don't want to know their pricing... even with a $50 per side discount.

Hope that helps.

Prolly should done the Jag conversion but honestly I forgot about that. I got a Ford one for the other side, want them to match or does it not really matter? Thanks
no real difference.

it’s the same exact arm just like a 1mm difference at the knuckle. just put 2 washers on the bolt for a super tight fit

some jag guys were grinding their knuckles down to fit ford arms when the direct fit part cost less. you can blame them for the inventory drying up

Last edited:
Yeah they pretty much all list it on their websites but no one has it, they must not have their own warehouses or something. Even Ford dealer websites list that they have it but when you call to verify it's on national backorder.

Yeah they pretty much all list it on their websites but no one has it, they must not have their own warehouses or something. Even Ford dealer websites list that they have it but when you call to verify it's on national backorder.

My dealer said the part #'s I gave you... are available. (shrug)

My dealer said the part #'s I gave you... are available. (shrug)
Well there's thousands of dealers, I've only called a handful so far, lol, if they are that outrageously priced at your dealer I'll prolly get a jag one instead. I'm not paying over $240 for the Ford one. Thanks.

Members online

Back