Rear lower control arm bushing replacement (pics)

Up need a replace if its good definetly but those need both side it will be amazing

Hey guys, I would contact the seller to inquire about compatibility and send them my pics. Visually they seem to match. IIRC, both of the ball-joint-type bushings are the same so you'd need two orders for a total of 4 bushings. At £50.00x2 you are looking at about $165 before shipping for 4. Beats the ~$350 per LCA.

DSC_2897_s.jpg

DSC_2902_s.jpg

DSC_2904_s.jpg

DSC_2906_s.jpg

For reference, I used LEMFORDER part #s 3063701 and 3063801. I would include that in the email too.

Thanks M4rk I might do that. Only my driver's rear lower is giving me a problem though(squeaks loudly on big dips), so should I just order one pair of bushings?

I want to thanks mark if its fit squeak loud on m'y rear left n right

Great job! Hands clapping! This thread is great, lots of useful information.

So someone find a brushing who fit with the LS??dont want to pay 565$ for a lower control arm:(

According to the description that's exactly what you need. Wish those were available when I needed mine replaced.

Nice find Clay. I think I'm gonna try the Jag bushings because I'm cheap and only need one pair atm.

I also sent an email with M4rk's pictures to the guys at Racing Green Cars and received their response:

Not sure what bushes you are talking about as link is to our contact page.

However assuming that you are looking at the RG109 then these are not the rubber type bush but the ball joint type. There are 2 identical bushes on the Jaguar that are the ones that the RG109 replace but these are NOT the 1 rubber type bush

Best wishes

Colin

Racing Green

I accidently linked them to their contact page instead of the bushings I was inquiring about:slam

EDIT: Just noticed the better deal is at Ebay. Better to get 2 pairs there for $40 more than buying one pair for $200 at Racing Green.

EDIT:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lincoln-LS-...es-Bushings-for-2000-2006-SET-2-/121175029328

@ Racing Green its $165 for 4 before shipping - probably costs less all in. "Deutsche Parts" don't have the best reputation from what I've seen on here.

Yeah, you're right. I should have said $200(after shipping) for two pairs from RG, so they in fact have the better deal. My mistake.

@ Racing Green its $165 for 4 before shipping - probably costs less all in. "Deutsche Parts" don't have the best reputation from what I've seen on here.

Indeed they don't. I just checked them with the BBB, and they have a C- rating. 14 compaints in the past 3 years,,, of which 13 are in the past year.

Sadly,,, the Racing green bushings look like a duplicate to what Deutsche Parts is selling... and both may be a short life Chinese part.

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/Bu...n-port-chester-ny-101704/Complaints#breakdown

I have had a squeak on the LR for over a year now. When it starts,,, I just give it a liberal dose of WD-40 and it goes away for several months.

Thought about drilling a hole through the control arm,,, into the bushing,,, and adding a grease fitting. Gonna look for a control arm at a junk yard one of these days... and see how that works as a fix. If it doesn't, I may mail the control arm off to Energy Suspension and see if they can design a bushing for the LS. Wouldn't be the first time I was involved in product developement.

Who knows. Energy may already have a "universal" bushing that works for the LS, but they need dimensions to klnow for sure. Anyone on this thread that has an old bushing lying around, could contact Energy, and see what they can come up with. I don't have time to deal with this at the moment, (too much "life" going on). That's why I haven't posted to this forum in close to a year.

- - - Mike - - -

Emailed my mechanic about this. He's dealt with Deutsche Parts before and is going to give them a call, just to see if they've had any issues.

These would be a Godsend. From 2 lower rear control arms @ $367 each, to this? Like the old guy in Trading Places said...buy buy buy!

EDIT: now if I can just find a price on the rear upper arms....

Can someone help me out here and let me know about their experience with fordpartsgiant.com ? I know it's been mention here before.

I'm asking because they list the lower control arm - part# 6W4Z5500AA - for $131.33 each, which is a ton less than the $366.99 I was quoted locally. I'm a bit skeptical by nature so the price difference jumps out at me - my first thought was "it doesn't include bushings". But it's the same part# quoted to me locally (because the bushings were thought to be unavailable by themselves) and manufactured by Ford. Here's the link

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-arm-assy-rear-suspension_6w4z-5500-aa.html

I don't need the entire control arm - just the bushings are bad - but if the bushings run me $200 (for all 4) plus a bit more labor for pressing, and 2 LCA assemblies run me just $60 more, it's a no-brainer to go with the complete assembly.

Am I missing something? I called fordpartsgiant and all they could tell me was the availability of parts.

I haven't had any problems with them. It will be the exact same part as your local dealer.
They do charge a lot for shipping, but if they have the part in-stock, then it usually ships out pretty soon.

Thanks, joegr.

I called them and they said parts are out of stock but they get them 3-5 days after I place my order then about another 3-5 days to ship.

Standard shipping is about $75 but that includes both uppers and both lowers. I can live with that -- my local quote for all 4 rear control arms was $1132 and FPG has them for $520 including shipping, so I am pleased to save so much. I'll save another $70 on sway bar links (Moog) thru rockauto.

Edit: Nice math I got going on. All 4 arms from FPG run $620 incl. shipping.

Last edited:
Another question, something I just picked up on yesterday when I got the quote.

Listed is "Tie Rod End, Rear, Outer, $155.99". Now I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I know I don't have tie rod ends on the rear of the car. He calls them that for whatever reason.

I'm guessing he means the adjustable link -- is that correct?

A lot of people call the rear toe links, tie rods, just like a lot of people call the shocks, struts.

Can someone help me out here and let me know about their experience with fordpartsgiant.com ? I know it's been mention here before.

I'm asking because they list the lower control arm - part# 6W4Z5500AA - for $131.33 each, which is a ton less than the $366.99 I was quoted locally. I'm a bit skeptical by nature so the price difference jumps out at me - my first thought was "it doesn't include bushings". But it's the same part# quoted to me locally (because the bushings were thought to be unavailable by themselves) and manufactured by Ford. Here's the link

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-arm-assy-rear-suspension_6w4z-5500-aa.html

I don't need the entire control arm - just the bushings are bad - but if the bushings run me $200 (for all 4) plus a bit more labor for pressing, and 2 LCA assemblies run me just $60 more, it's a no-brainer to go with the complete assembly.

Am I missing something? I called fordpartsgiant and all they could tell me was the availability of parts.

Did you ever order the rear LCA?

Was it the correct part with bushings?

Im researching this now and everywhere except for that site you listed is around 300 + dollars a piece.

Other sites are listing that part number as the Upper, not the lower. So maybe the description is wrong Im guessing.

Guys
The part number listed in the above post 6W4Z-5500-AA is for the "upper rear control arm", not the lower. The part number for the rear lower control arm is XW4Z-5A649-AA OR ZZ, depending on DR or Pass side, and are around $258.86 at fordpartsgiant.com.

Did anyone ever try these?

Looks like the price went down to 60 pounds a pair? Not sure what that is in US Dollars.

Will these fit a 2001 LS?

Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy the full assembly?

About $90.....

Members online

No members online now.
Back