Rear Gear

LINCBRA

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Should i get a 3.73 or 4.10 for my rear gear? What do you have? I do about 75% of my driving on highway. Also i would have to get a new driveshaft(links to where i could by one). Mine shakes at 75mph.

4.3? Even 4.10 will kill your gas and keep you RPM over 3k on the highway! lol

LINCBRA said:
I do about 75% of my driving on highway.

I'd stay put. Or at most, the 3:73's if your doing mostly highway. If your gunning it at highway speeds, you'll like the stock gears better anyway.

unity said:
4.3? Even 4.10 will kill your gas and keep you RPM over 3k on the highway! lol

Wus. :p

Besides, you're driving a Lincoln, buy some gas. If you want mileage, drive a Kia. :D

'Don't fear the gear' as they say. I have 4.30s. I drive 2 hours on the highway through the Allegheny mountains to the track. Then 3 to 12 passes later, it's a two hour trip back. Mileage last I checked was 19 plus. That's much better than my daily driver F150!

IMHO, I think the line for the highway is 4.30s, 4.56s would be nice for a track-only car.

3.08s or 3.27s :p If you do a lot of highway driving do a stall instead, figure in the cost of a driveshaft and it would end up costing less anyway.

i got a 98,would like to play around with gears,but not sure what the differances are going to be like..i have a 373 on our 97 cobra,and boy he can jump,but he's a stick,my lsc is a automatic..so dont know what she'll feel like with 373 compared to what i have stock.but im pretty good at 80 my rpm's sits still around 2k-ish

I have it all - 4.10s, 3200 stall converter and the driveshaft.

I dont really notice anything different on the highway. When I put my foot down, I go. Thats what I wanted, thats what I got.

As far as mileage... First, I own a Lincoln, second, it has alot of High Performance Improvements, third, I have a foot like a brick -- so I dont expect much in the way of gas mileage. But, I get around 20 on the highway with cruise control set at 75.

Terrance said:
So how do you determine which stock ratio you have if your car is stock.

Base models are 3.07. LSCs are 3.27.

Bmetzger8 said:
Were can I find 3.90's? What size is the rear end? 8in?

Summit sells 3.90. I don't know if Ford Racing still does, but I know Summit sells them under Motive and Richmond brands...

Members online

No members online now.
Back