Rear Bumper Damage

bagge72

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So Saturday I got rear ended by a mini van, and when I pulled into the cumberland farms 10 ft down the road to talk to the person they took off! Since this turned into a hit and run, and I did not get the license plate # I now have to pay my $500.00 deductible. I was wondering anyone knew the cheapest place to get a rear bumper for a 2004 Lincoln LS8 Tundra Green. I was thinking about doing the work myself if the frame isn't damaged. Well actually getting it painted by somebody, and then just doing the replacement work myself. Well up load a picture of the damage soon!

Thanks Chris!

Its easy to do. Just buy a bumper. And have a shop paint it. This is how i repaired my car. Save yo money!

Did you get your bumper pretty cheap?
bumper.jpg

bumper.jpg

That picture is from when it first happened, but I banged the bumper back down some, and the trunk sits fine now.

I got a front bumper. Not rear. But look on ebay and google for one.

Did you already tell your insurance or are you hoping to do it yourself for less than $500?
I would go to a shop, get an estimate for complete repair, have insurance cut you a check, then find a cheap used bumper get it painted and install it yourself to save a little money (or maybe you'll get lucky and find one your color that's a decent match).

I'm definitely going to go through insurance for this. Do you guys think I will need just the rear bumper cover?

Prob just the rear bumper.Take it to a shop though, they will tell you. There are some places that give you free quotes

Dam I got hit in the same spot but it didn't do that much damage. Just knocked the bumper out of line and scratched it up on the corner. The body shop said that they could fix it without me having to buy a new bumper. As your LS is a newer model than mine so buying a bumper brand new will run you over $500 alone especially if you have back up sensors. Get a couple of quotes and compare the prices and see if it's worth paying the deductible or if you can get a used one and just have it painted and put it on yourself.

Last edited:
Dam I get hit in the same spot but it didn't do that much damage. Just knocked the bumper out of line and scratched it up on the corner. The body shop said that they could fix it without me having to buy a new bumper. Ask your LS is a newer model than mine so buy a bumper brand new will run you over $500 alone especially if you have back up sensors. Get a couple of quotes and compare the prices and see if it's worth paying the deductible or if you can get a used one and just have it painted and put it on yourself.

Just replacing the bumper works as long as there is no damage behind it. The damage in the picture looks like there is probably damage to the crush panels behind the bumper and those parts will need replacement. Unless one doesn't care about possible future bumps.

Members online

No members online now.
Back