Rear Amp/Center Amp Wiring Harness removal?

lsbit

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was looking to swap radios with my wife as she needs more trunk room and I wouldn't mind the subs. I have the standard radio and she has the Audiophile. Does anyone have detail on where the line-out harness goes that is not present on the non-audiophile system? I thought I read that it ends in the driver's kick panel, but it is a cluster there and I didn't want to tear apart everything and leave two cars down!

At least the radios were easy to remove. I guess I wasn't in the mood to destroy the car as I just got back from 5 days in Orlando.

Thanks!

yep - none of the wiring is the same between the various stereo systems.,

it's not just running the one line to the back - but all three connectors are different.

Quik LS said:
yep - none of the wiring is the same between the various stereo systems.,

it's not just running the one line to the back - but all three connectors are different.

Damn. I took a few pictures today and if you look at both of the radios, you can see how they are almost exactly the same. Just some pins missing on that final connector. I took some pics of the harnesses too. I will try to have a closer look. I figured with that harness in the trunk, they made it simple to upgrade for the assy line. Heck my '95 Mustang GTS has wiring for the convertible top and fog lights. :)

alpine.jpg

nonalpine.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back