Read if youve changed your Hydraulic Fan Pump

Wicked_LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
if you have had to change it have you also had to replace the fan motor i was being told by lincoln that i would have to change it as well. It might be a dumb question but i will tear apart a 3.8 l 5.0 4.6 but this damn 3.9 is just foreign to me lol like the pun of it being a jag motor haha even though there owned by ford i know but anyways any help would be appreciated thanks

I broke the the high-pressure hose going between the pump and the fan twice now. I guess the jarring and engine torque from autocrossing breaks the little metal brace the holds the hose still, and then the weight on the hose finally wears out the connection right at the top of the hose-to-pump.

so I had had to pull the pump off each time.... just to get to the hose.

who is telling you this, I see no comments about this in the service dvd's
I mean did you ask why and get a real answer?
Do the person telling you this think that the pump has failed and has blown bits into the fan motor?

it didnt fail the pulley is just wobbling and it squeaks alot. the car doesnt overheat but i was just trying to find out if anyone had to replace it as well when they had to replace the pump. I dont want to half ass a job even though everything is too damn much money lol thanks

oh okay, I misunderstood. I thought that someone from ford was telling you to replace the fan motor.
You should be okay with just replacing the pump if that is what is giving you the problems.

I dont think you will have to replace the fan.

the only thing I can think of is that they updated the fan and if the pressure line may be different. When the parts dept looks up the fan pump if the fan has to be replaced it there will be a note in the parts screen that additional parts are required.

what year is your car?

Jay

LincolnTech38 said:
BTW the Jaguar 4.0 has an electric fan.

the hydraulic idea was/is all ford lol

Jay

Yeah, they finally fixed it in '03 the original reason for hydrolicvs electric was the altenator couldn't handle the load with an electric fan. they upgraded the altinator in '03, put in an electric fan and probably gained a couple HP at the same time.

LincolnTech38 said:
BTW the Jaguar 4.0 has an electric fan.

the hydraulic idea was/is all ford lol

Jay

My old boss got an S-Type 3.0 and it had the hydraulic fan. I was surprised.

Members online

No members online now.
Back