Random Strangers

rooster1969

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was just curious: How many people have random strangers approaching you trying to buy your car?
I just had some guy knock on the door and ask me if I wanted to sell. I said, make me an offer. No answer from him. He probably stopped because my car rarely moves.
I had some guy nearly run into me while driving in St.Louis traffic trying to get me to sell. I said, make me an offer. No answer from him either.
When I approach someone like that I make an offer, and then I have a new toy.

I had someone stop me in my VIC one time and ask me if i wanted to sell, and of course i said no, then he said "you need to lift it and get some rimz" Give me a break.

Usually they want to sell me a Lincoln or they know of one for sale. LOL :D

1298445900lxa9.jpg

Door handles?
1300790622lvb6.jpg

attention started to get annoying so i got this...
4301928fullhv7.jpg

A bit more steathier, and more room for hoes
interiorbq8.jpg

Now I get absolutly no attention in this.
leb473e6270c0b79579bab3ad0.jpg

one old guy came up to me one day and asked me how I like my markviii, said he had one but it was a little newer, but he doesnt drive it cuz it has NO HEAT! I told him blend door and gave him a few websites, but I don't think most people over 70 know how to surf the web well.

I had some guy come up to me at the beach, started to talke my ear off, did you know this, my brother in laws 3rd cousin engineered that, all the while my burger king was getting cold, my ice was melting. Oh and I had a cop tell my that he loved my car, didn't get any tickets for a couple of years after that.

I had some bangers in Elgin ask if would sell ine while I was driving. No, of course. Then some guy on the South side started chating on the highway sitting in traffic. Says he can help me fix my airbags. I explained it was lowered, thanked him, and took off when traffic opened up. Thats all I have.

I had a guy follow me from the dealer to a shop once part way across town to ask if I wanted to sell. He has asked me twice now.
I've been stopped/asked 5-6 times in the past couple years if I'm selling it. There is a couple numbers sitting in my desk if I ever want to sell...

I think I have only had one offer for my car I said no
but I am usually the guy making the offers I have even went in a business that had a mark in the parking lot found the guy and made some offers.

I've been the guy to knock on the doors.....there is one I'm trying to get soooooo bad.....my DREAM car shall I say....98 LSC, black on black, fully loaded (moon roof, disc changer, heated seats) chrome 10 spokes, old man owned since new, 31,000 miles, garaged kept......is is sooooo beautiful!!! I keep hounding him, one day he'll break....I hope atleast

I've been asked about a half dozen times. I usually just explain that other Mark VIIIs are to be found for much less than I would ask, all they need is a little wrench time and know-how.

And about a dozen times or so I have people tell me they know of others for sale - driller's not the only one that happens to.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back