Ran Codes, Any help would be appreciated.

KC96LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Car sat for about 4 months, had a bad A/C compressor. Got it fixed and had Check Engine light flash about 15 time then stopped. It went back to a solid CE light, my CE light is on all the time because of hollowed out CATS. I've been driving with out the 2 CATS for a number of years. Here are the codes that came up: new diagnos pics 022.jpgnew diagnos pics 023.jpgnew diagnos pics 024.jpgnew diagnos pics 025.jpgnew diagnos pics 026.jpgnew diagnos pics 027.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated.

new diagnos pics 022.jpg

new diagnos pics 023.jpg

new diagnos pics 024.jpg

new diagnos pics 025.jpg

new diagnos pics 026.jpg

new diagnos pics 027.jpg

Yes, that's what I meant to say. Hope fully he can get them operating with a good Seafoam treatment, and doesn't have a torn diaphragm in the IMRC actuators. I think someone either here or LOD did a replacement thread, even taking the can apart and replacing the diaphragm. Otherwise the scavenging hunt continues for these precious little beauties. If you get replacements or restore your IMRC's back to operation, take the time to block off the EGR and get some one to remove that function on your chip.

Just wondering, the intake manifold has a leak on the Right side (Pass) very 1st port. It's literally been that way for years. would that all of a sudden cause it to start giving the IMRC code. The car has ran a bit rough at low idle but never enough to make the engine not run. I'm sure my gas millage isn't as good as it could be. I'm listening to the car run right now and it sounds like it has for the last couple years. If I drive it could it break the IMRC loose? The car has sat for the last 3 to 4 months. Can driving it hurt the car? Thanks guys.

Also, what other IMRC actuators will work? Does the Cobra 96 to 98 or even just the 96 Cobra, and I also saw people saying 97 & 98 Mark VIII will work, I'm not buying that, but I have to ask?

Last edited:
The only IMRC that will work is the 1996 Mark VIII specific model IMRC. They are unique. That's why they're expensive and hard to find.

Just wondering, the intake manifold has a leak on the Right side (Pass) very 1st port. It's literally been that way for years. would that all of a sudden cause it to start giving the IMRC code.
No
The car has ran a bit rough at low idle but never enough to make the engine not run. I'm sure my gas millage isn't as good as it could be. I'm listening to the car run right now and it sounds like it has for the last couple years. If I drive it could it break the IMRC loose?
If its sticking it will throw a code then free up, then stick again and throw a code repeating the cycle.
If the actuator is bad.... leaking vacuum it is broke and a 96 only part Sap took one apart and repaired a tear once so they can be rescued.
The car has sat for the last 3 to 4 months. Can driving it hurt the car? Thanks guys
No
Just no fun :cool:

if the IMRC actuator is in fact bad,

install 93-95 actuators, they function the same, and i have been told you can tune out the CEL for them.

I wish I knew better about the 96 having unique IRMCs back when I first got my car because there was a 96 at the yard. I pulled the IRMCs out of a 93 at the yard recently, just to see how hard it was (wasn't too bad). I would have bought the 96's IRMCs for resale for sure.

Royals are destined to win the World Series this year. It's been a long drought for us. To bad we're not going to get to beat the Cardinals again.

Royals are destined to win the World Series this year. It's been a long drought for us. To bad we're not going to get to beat the Cardinals again.

I'm in their corner love what they have done in the post season, makes me feel good about baseball again.
Cant stand large market big money teams ~cough~ yankees....~cough~ red soxs......

you know, you should just have a seat. :rolleyes: :D

that said, i'll absolutely be watching all the games.
the Royals have been on point in the playoffs so far.

Members online

No members online now.
Back