Rag Top

DaBuDkReW

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i saw this LS with a rag top, anyone know any info on where to buy a kit at??

I dont know if they sell them seperate but it used to be part of a "presidential package" option that they used to sell at some dealers when you buy an ls new...then ford told them to can it.....imho it is awful looking

dont do it. they fade, and stain, and it just takes away from the "sport" part of LS.
i looked at one when i was shopping for my car, and it was silver with blue rag top. if it would have been silver w/black it wouldnt look so bad... yeah its unique, but theres a reason rag-tops are unique on the LS's--- they DONT BELONG ON AN LS!!! DONT DO IT! please! :)

Just my opinion - don't do it.
Lincoln actually wrote the dealers asking them to not add the package at the dealership - as it was interfering with the marketing image and targeting the car at it's performance orientated buyers. Dealers were selling them as 'smaller' towncars to the traditional older Lincoln buyer.

that said - it's your car.

that particular LS has been up on e-bay three times - no sale....

Hmm, i personally never liked the lincoln ls. To me they look like a mitsubishi galant. Then I saw one with a black ragtop- damn it looked beautiful- so i bought it.

myLincolnLS.jpg

davidanthony21 said:
Hmm, i personally never liked the lincoln ls. To me they look like a mitsubishi galant. Then I saw one with a black ragtop- damn it looked beautiful- so i bought it.

you mean a diamante...i think that car is decent looking.....wonder why? :L

davidanthony21 said:
hey man, whats wrong with galants

davidanthony21 said:

your ragtop doenst look horrible just dont put the chrome above the wheel wells.. and you'll be aight..

Nothing is wrong with them, just not my taste. And i meant galant not diamante. I am not talking about the brand new galants but the early 2000 's models. something like this pic-

galant.jpg

davidanthony21 said:
Nothing is wrong with them, just not my taste. And i meant galant not diamante. I am not talking about the brand new galants but the early 2000 's models. something like this pic-
thats what my last (first) car looked like I personally love the way they look ...def. better looking than all the other import mid size family sedans on the market at the time :Beer

a couple of people actually asked me when i got my ls "why did you buy an ls it looks exactly like your last car" they dont know about cars because you really cant compare the 2

Dont compare a Mitis to a Lincoln every again, looking like it is one thing but actually being is another.HAHA :N
And what the H*LL a rag top is might for convertibles not for LS's or any cars re-think your decision DaBu! Also sorry david21 but thats just not right but again to each his own good luck with that. :Bang

-Scott- :F

PS this is what a real rag-top is might to be http://www.ohioconcours.com/Photo Galleries/CS/pages/IMG_3367.htm

I was trying to understand what you wrote, but there were a few typos. IF a ragtop was made ONLY for convertibles; then why would lincoln put them on their HIGH END town cars? Hmmm, and i said they looked alike, but i didn't say they are alike. Please read a little more into the thread before posting. If you don't like my ragtop- i could care less. I love it and that's why I bought it.

PS- Yeah, most convertibles DO have ragtops? Your point(the pic link you gave)? Last time i checked the convertible top on my stang was made from canvas just like the jag and most convertibles.

davidanthony21 said:
I was trying to understand what you wrote, but there were a few typos. IF a ragtop was made ONLY for convertibles; then why would lincoln put them on their HIGH END town cars? Hmmm, and i said they looked alike, but i didn't say they are alike. Please read a little more into the thread before posting. If you don't like my ragtop- i could care less. I love it and that's why I bought it.

Sorry david21 I apoligize for my typos but last I checked Town Cars where designed, built, and marketed towards the older crowd. ALSO read yourself never said, "I didnt like it", I just dont think its right on them thats all, to each his own on this forum. So if you want to bitch at me then you better start bitchin at everyone else that was in agreement.

-Scott- :F lets put the swords down and have a :Beer

Was that an impala or a mailbu in the background of that pic with a rag top on it too. Man they put those things on everything. Wonder if I can get one on my G35...
lol :ban

BBoyd said:
Wonder if I can get one on my G35...
lol :ban

Haha, Go for it! Personally I think an LS with a rag top looks like its wearing a cape or something. Just not the right car to put one on.

Members online

No members online now.
Back