Radiator recommendations?

heyjewel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi. Searched first. Looking for radiator recommendations. Various mfgrs and prices from $50 to $250. Amazon? Rockauto? Local guy who said core is cracked (wasn't leaking last time I drove it) can get one for $110.
Thanks
Oh 2001, V6, Getrag

Last edited:
I got the Sunbelt one off ebay and it has been working just fine. It is only like $50.

I bought the Motorcraft one off Rock Auto, (best price I saw on line). It was shipped to me direct from Detroit FoMoCo warehouse.

I always keep the old saying in mind... "you get what you pay for".

Not to mention that most everything "LS" on Ebay means made in China... which also means funding North Korea nowadays.

I bought the Motorcraft one off Rock Auto, (best price I saw on line). It was shipped to me direct from Detroit FoMoCo warehouse.

I always keep the old saying in mind... "you get what you pay for".

Not to mention that most everything "LS" on Ebay means made in China... which also means funding North Korea nowadays.

Yeah I always prefer motorcraft when I can get it and assuming the price isn't TOO much higher than the other brands. In this case I finally decided to have the rad shop get me a new one when he came down 15% on his price. I asked him what brand he said probably 'performance' which of course I haven't heard of. I suspect it'll be OK. $95 but I gotta drive to get it. And this guy is a friend of a friend who I trust completely.
As for CHINA! my family has been trying for 15 years to avoid products from there. It was extremely difficult when we started and has become close to impossible now. Could be thiugh under current management here that things may turn around a bit? Already Apple of all companies is starting to play by the new rules which benefits them and us. Yes a magic wand has been waved by someone who is not clueless about economics like the former guy. OK enough of this.

I picked up my new radiator couple hours ago. It is 'Performance' brand and says for 2000 to 2011 LS, TBird and Jaguar. It also says 'Made in China'. :(

Question - my old radiator looks identical to this new one but the old (OEM) has a sticker on top says 'manual'. (My car is a manual tranny) And I saw a few of the rads on rock auto say manual. So apparently there must be a difference between manual and auto but does anyone know what or why? Rad shop says all the rads are the same regardless of transmission or engine. Thanks

I think there's a separate radiator like device for the transmission cooler lines

Yes. (On both of mine, anyway.) Maybe there is a version of the radiator somewhere (Jaguar?) that did have a transmission cooler in it. If so, then I guess that all LSes got the "manual" version?

Members online

Back