racing seats on a ls

no one has tried it yet that I've seen...

our cars don't like it when airbags are unplugged...

I wouldn't want to get in a wreck and not have some of the airbags... or any of the airbags because the car didn't know if anyone was sitting in the seat...

the weight savings wouldn't really be a huge help (unless you planned on gutting the rest of the car)

the one exception would be if it was turn into a dedicated racer and you had it caged and wanted seats with more side control.

Do Gen 2 front passenger seats have an occupant sensor?

well my 2nd gen knows if somebody is sitting in the from seat and not wearing a seatbelt...

dont know how it knows, but it knows...

My driver side refuses to move i think the motor is bad it was working then it just stopped

my co worker who has worked with car electronics for 30 + years went through all of the fuses and relays with a power probe and switched fuses/relays from the driver side to the passenger side to see if that side would move and it did the only positive is if you are not as tall as me which my girlfriend and family are not your not going anywhere

Just my opinion, but why would you want to take a luxury "sports" car and put racing seats in it? The only reason i could see a need for this is if your making it into a drag/race car. but even then i don't think this car would make a great race or drag car. I may be wrong, but this is just what i think...

I agree, wouldn't do it. The seats have airbags, so they are part of the electronics package, and the electronics are way too integrated into this car to make such changes. If you're going to do it, make the total commitment by getting a Painless full car wiring harness. Then you completely gut the car

One thing you might look into though. Years ago I had an S10 pickup that I installed Cadillac CTS seats into. They were very comfortable and had excellent side bolstering. They also had heated seats and airbags in the seats. As to whether GM electronics would be compatible with a Ford computer I can't answer, but you could investigate it. Wouldn't even have to be CTS seats, might be a Ford seat would work. Perhaps the new Mustang seats would work for you. I imagine they're full of airbags, fully bolstered and in theory should be compatible with Lincoln's electronics.

Seats in my truck:
2003caddyctsseatsafter1.jpg

Required a new floorboard:
floorpan1.jpg

Unfortunately it was wrecked when some stupid beeotch decided that I was supposed to stop for her even though she had a stop sign and I did not. Looks fixable but it bent the frame pretty badly:
truckonflatbed.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back