race??

mcafferty

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
should i take a race with a 96 or 97 V8 firebird it is auto? what do they run I have a 01 Ls V8 no mods on it. Just wanted to know. thanks

they were a little under 6secs 0-60 and about 14secs in the quarter

well - my best was 13.9350@109.04mph - 100shot

that was working the LS very hard....

what about the 2000 v6 manual firebird? any chance? because i was talkin trash to this guy at work just because i could.. :) would i loose?

Yup. You'd lose.

1998 Pontiac Firebird: Firebirds got a modest facelift and a new V8 engine for '98. Despite again displacing 5.7-liters, the V8 was all new and made 305 horsepower. When equipped with the Ram Air option, engine output was boosted to 320.

Yeah, the v6 shouldn't be bad at all. Those things are pigs.

Dangit...all this talk is making me soooooo wish the LS8's came with 5 or 6 spds...that would be so money.

I want to get into the 14s mid if possible. what do i need to do? will a magnaflow system help? what else do i need to do shave weight, chip, etc.? I really want to make this a fast ride and i dont want nos. Are there things that I can do without voiding my warrenty? lol Please help...

get a CAI from lskoncepts.com that should help, put a sct flasher in that may void your warranty. and if u put the exhaust on you should be in the mid 14s.

is the gain from the CAI or the cone filter? They claim 10 for the CAI and cone filter but the Cone filter claims 10 alone. is there any reason to get the CAI tube other then it looks damn sharp. thanks

mcafferty said:
I want to get into the 14s mid if possible. what do i need to do? will a magnaflow system help? what else do i need to do shave weight, chip, etc.? I really want to make this a fast ride and i dont want nos. Are there things that I can do without voiding my warrenty? lol Please help...

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=7669&highlight=intake

it's an old thread you started - links to another thread.

- do all the standard stuff - intake, exhaust, reprogram, ...etc

I am running mid-14's.

I would seriously doubt that Firechicken is stock. Most of them that year aren't. They were just too easy to mod. With just an exhaust system and gears, they would fly. Most guys went exhaust, cam, gears, and tune...with some even going with new heads. I have an 04 Cobra that's stock except for exhaust and runs 12.90's. Some of those LS1's will hand me my ass...along with an occasional SRT4 and other rice. There are some seriously fast cars out there anymore. It seems that if you can't run 10's, you don't have much anymore.

If you want to be quick, (no pun intended Quik!) go with the juice. No bigger bang for the buck for that occasional time you need to use it. Just be a little conservative, and have it tuned by a reputable shop that can keep your a/f ratio under control. It will be plenty safe.

remember that only a SCT dealer can tune your car - providing your PCM code is part of their 'craked database'.

Members online

No members online now.
Back