Quick wheel question

MARKED MAN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Will wheels from a Crown Vic\Grd Marquis fit on a Mark VII. Found a Grd Marq in the junkyard with BBS wheels that put mine to shame. They would look great on my car but just wanna know if they'll fit before I try takin them off the car in the junkyard.

P.s. Isn't there some website that will have this information (what wheels are interchangeable and wheel specs) thanks for any info guys

They will bolt up, the offset is different I believe. I think it just puts them out a little but they still work.

I know the bolt pattern is the same so they will fit, the only thing to worry about would be the offset but I think even that is the same. I bet the Grand Marquis has a 225/60/16 tire which is the stock tire size in the later Marks also.

I have them on the rear of my lincs for winter wheels...gives them a wider stance and makes them look menicing (well, more than the OEM offset) they look crappy on the front though, so use the OEM for that.

MARKED MAN said:
Will wheels from a Crown Vic\Grd Marquis fit on a Mark VII. Found a Grd Marq in the junkyard with BBS wheels that put mine to shame. They would look great on my car but just wanna know if they'll fit before I try takin them off the car in the junkyard.

P.s. Isn't there some website that will have this information (what wheels are interchangeable and wheel specs) thanks for any info guys
Yup.
You've seen JoeyChrome's rims right?
They're non LSCs :)
(looking for a picture)

JoeyWho? :)
Yes, the rims work fine. No problems. The extra deep lip really complements the lines of the car much more than the stock ones.

I had mine refinished which was costly but well worth the look. Here's a Pic of the car just out of paint...

HomeFrom Paint1.jpg

Mine don't look that good, nor do they look that good on my silver car...the black makes them stand out more...plus having nice finish helps.

SilverFox said:
I have them on the rear of my lincs for winter wheels...gives them a wider stance and makes them look menicing (well, more than the OEM offset) they look crappy on the front though, so use the OEM for that.
lol...Nah...They look good all around. Besides, having two different type wheels from front to back only makes it a pain in the a$$ when you want to rotate the tires.
I was really tired of the 5-stars that everybody and thier brother uses for aftermarket wheels... You see them everywhere on so many different types of cars. :eek:

What cars had chrome?

I have asked about chroming wheel many times and I always get the same reply..."I can't do it, it is a special proccess...wheel mfgs have the ability"

I would really like my 98Gt's chromed

SilverFox said:
What cars had chrome?

I have asked about chroming wheel many times and I always get the same reply..."I can't do it, it is a special proccess...wheel mfgs have the ability"

I would really like my 98Gt's chromed
None came with Chrome.
Those wheels were DIPPED at a chroming shop. The better shops are the ones that do restorations moreso than just "we dips yer weelz" kinda place.

OldSchool1 said:
None came with Chrome.
Those wheels were DIPPED at a chroming shop. The better shops are the ones that do restorations moreso than just "we dips yer weelz" kinda place.
:waving: ... Oi ! You neglected to tell the lad how much chroming costs! ;)
That can be pretty expensive! Well, that's what the local chroming shop tells me.

Sure, chrome is great for some applications, but it isn't the end all, be all solution to a nice looking wheel.
Unless you live in "the hood" and need to have the chrome "fix", like gold teeth in your smile, there are some other, more tasteful ways to "do-up" these wheels on a Mark VII ... :gr_devil:

If you have them, spend $150 per wheel... have them stripped and clear-coated without painting the centers. Just raw, unfinished aluminum with a clearcoat finish and a polished outer rim. It looks great... not pimped.
That's just my opinion... Nothing more. :headbang:

(this doesn't mean I wouldn't like a set of those on my ride) ;)

Awesund said:
:waving: ... Oi ! You neglected to tell the lad how much chroming costs! ;)
Nah.
I left it out on purpose because sticker shock is a very effective means of (birth) control. When anyone talks about their restored 1950's Lincoln, they always refer to the rechroming of the bumpers for some reason :)

Once Dude calls someone like AAA Chroming and asks for pricing to dip a complete set of 16" 1980's style wheels, this thread will die :)

Hell.
Then again, Dude could have the funds to cover such an endeavor and have the rest of us going "ooo ... aaa" over what he's had done.

Either way, I have been entertained.

My Chrome shops are electroplate shops....not really dipped....so maybe that has something to do with it.

I tried to strip them...used a sandblaster....didn't work, so I left them alone.

Now I just sell them as mock Salene wheels, the Fox guys in KC like them, and I come accross alot of them.

Katz
GTC kit?
Did you have the trum removed for paint or just paint it all?

SilverFox said:
Katz
GTC kit?
Did you have the trum removed for paint or just paint it all?

Erebuni kit from eBay. Took the trim off for the paint
job. Then sprayed the trim separately and put it back on.

lincoln3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back