Quick Question

slackjoebill

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I cant find the how-to on removing the orange corners in the headlights could someone direct me to the right place. Thanks in advance

make sure it's a pre-03 LS, using grey seleant to hold the lamps together - if it's black seleant this will not work.

- take the lamps out of the car, remove the bulbs
- remove the three steel clamps from the bottom of each lamp
- place them in a oven at 210degrees for 10mins
- carefully work the lamp housing apart, using a screwdriver to seperate the plastic tabs
- once apart - the amber lenes just break off, trim.

hey quick what is the model number for those blue bulbs that burn in amber... you will want to get them before you reinstall. The amber bulb on the mirro has a wierd effect on the reflective lense.

Quik LS said:
and may have to re-seal them with silicone.

true. Mine did alright for a few months but I washed the car over the weekend and the right one fogged up so i may remove it and apply silicone to the seam.

ive taken mine off and apart 3 times now. theyre barely going back together. ive siliconed them twice. make sure that when you take them apart you do everything you want to do inside them. like if your doing angel eyes and clearing the lenses try to do it at one time. save yourself the stress or resealing them. got my angel eyes on this weekend will post some pick later. i have to hook them up right, theyre running off the blinkers now so i cant use my blinkers or they blink (kinda cool but tacky).

They should go back together really nice, unless you've overbaked them. Like I did to one of mine.

I had to use silicone as well to reseal the lamps, and also had (have?) a leak, which will have to be fixed with a bead along the seam.

Using an amber bulb will give you a neat night effect with the chrome 'projector' bowl shaped lamp housing. It's like shining an orange beam intermittently when you're signaling. Stands out very nice, especially in fog/rain, reflects off signs, etc - looks very cool IMHO.

But I don't know if it's legal like that or not, but in rural Ontario - no cops really care about that kind of stuff.

Kevin said:
They should go back together really nice, unless you've overbaked them. Like I did to one of mine.

I had to use silicone as well to reseal the lamps, and also had (have?) a leak, which will have to be fixed with a bead along the seam.

Using an amber bulb will give you a neat night effect with the chrome 'projector' bowl shaped lamp housing. It's like shining an orange beam intermittently when you're signaling. Stands out very nice, especially in fog/rain, reflects off signs, etc - looks very cool IMHO.

But I don't know if it's legal like that or not, but in rural Ontario - no cops really care about that kind of stuff.

Yeah I still have the amber bulbs and it does make a very pronounced mark on the road. Very bright.

Members online

No members online now.
Back