Quick question about coils

ReMiXeDg

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My lincoln is hitting 100k miles I notice when I'm doing. 40-60 or anything mph the acceleration sputters / hesitate.

I do know that the catilac converter is maybe bad I had engine codes for it put it went away and hasn't come up.

And last what's a good coil pack and spark plug set I should buy for a 2002 v6 ls?? Thanks

dead-horse.gif

dead-horse.gif

1LoudLS, best picture I've ever seen posted on this forum. Should be entered into the calendar.

a buddy of mine calls it "hold your hand through everything America"

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...NCOLN-LS-OWNERS-GUIDE!!!!-Basic-tips-and-info

Read this thread before you ask the most common question that we are all sick and tired of answering.

I think the best hope is to just keep immediately linking to relevant threads. It should help cut down on posts like this by keeping the right threads a few clicks away, instead of just burying them in the search results on page 15.

Remix, I had the same sputter/kick/pulse/back massage. Coils+plugs+battery out long enough to clear the computer fixed it. I also did my valve cover gaskets since they were leaking into 7 of my 8 spark plug wells.

But please. Search. Stick around a few months and you'll see other new members asking every other day about misfires, bushings, overheating, and other problems mentioned right there in the stickied posts

OMG WHEN DID I BECOME A SENIOR MEMBER? Is it 6 or 9 months? Is it a certain number of posts linking to old misfire threads?

I think the best hope is to just keep immediately linking to relevant threads. It should help cut down on posts like this by keeping the right threads a few clicks away, instead of just burying them in the search results on page 15.

but it won't stop any threads from being created, the people that wont search still wont search and will still create the new thread, then and only then can we immediately link to relevant threads.

which is also exactly what happened in this thread, although it would have probably been a little more immediate if it wasn't posted so late at night...

hell the first @sshole search nazi didn't even put his two cents in for a good hour...

infortunally, the only way to cut back on post like this because of not searching would be to have more (or some) searching.

OMG WHEN DID I BECOME A SENIOR MEMBER? Is it 6 or 9 months? Is it a certain number of posts linking to old misfire threads?

well a huge amount of people sign up only to make a couple of post get spoon fed a problem fixed and then never come back again... so yeah, a half a yeah is probably enough to know youre gonna stick around for a little bit lol

but it won't stop any threads from being created, the people that wont search still wont search and will still create the new thread, then and only then can we immediately link to relevant threads.

which is also exactly what happened in this thread, although it would have probably been a little more immediate if it wasn't posted so late at night...

hell the first @sshole search nazi didn't even put his two cents in for a good hour...

infortunally, the only way to cut back on post like this because of not searching would be to have more (or some) searching.

I noticed, after having spent some time away from this site that it was more difficult to search topics I read before. I'm sure partly because of threads like this cluttering my search results. But also(just to cut new guys some slack) because I don't remember offhand the name of threads that would have addressed my issue. People like you who are here a lot, will know exactly which thread isn't a crap thread and which would explain the issue in detail, but new guys, not so much. What would be nice is if we either had child forums under LS that dealt specifically with different issues e.g. suspension, ignition, etc. Or at the very least some stickies for specific issues. e.g. suspension or steering, and then list/link to posts about sway bar bushings, rear toe links or shocks etc.....especially if they're good threads that may as well belong in the tech articles section.

I know wouldn't solve everything, but might help decrease the clutter some, or at least work around it.

The 2nd link I posted should be a sticky. It is the most informative thread on COPs I have seen on this site. This one thread answers most questions anyone can have about COPs. So when some newbie comes in asking about the same old stuff we can just do quick paste to it in their thread thye started for no reason. That will save them from getting their feelings hurt.

But then there are some members (myself included at times) find joy in ripping up a non assuming, naive newbie for kicks. Its the internet and you cant stop it.

The 2nd link I posted should be a sticky. It is the most informative thread on COPs I have seen on this site. This one thread answers most questions anyone can have about COPs. So when some newbie comes in asking about the same old stuff we can just do quick paste to it in their thread thye started for no reason. That will save them from getting their feelings hurt.

But then there are some members (myself included at times) find joy in ripping up a non assuming, naive newbie for kicks. Its the internet and you cant stop it.

that's the truth - i have no idea why it isn't done. it can only help to cut down on stuff like this and does no harm whatsoever to the site.

The mods obviously arent interested in making this a better forum. This is the only forum I've ever joined where the mods arent active, participating members

Members online

No members online now.
Back