Questions

FTINMARKVIII

LVC Member
Reaction score
Here i go again (forgive me if i can't spell)
Entire vac hose system replaced-maf new-new boots, new plugs-new O2 sensors up front-running pretty good after warms up for 30sec or so- gave to my son and he is enjoying the ride, when getting inspection sticker it keeps failing everything is coming up not ready , check eng p171- p174 codes come on after 9 mi or 74 mi no real sense to that except when you stop the car after long runs when i start it up the check eng comes on again. Would like real advice if anyone is willing, have done the research as some here have suggested. Does the computer need to be reset in some fashion, software etc. Also i did conversion kit to springs and the ride has never been so GOOD all around, (thanks eddie) The ac is going on but not coming out vents, they appear to be blocked, everything comes out defrost fine, already did actuator arm and reinforcement. Hey i 'm asking for advice on these things because i believed all here help each other to keep the VIII's running as long as WE can. Thanks in advance.

its fords "failsafe" if the hvac unit looses vac it directs it to defrost so you can see in an emergency.
what year?

thanks man 1998 lsc, just grabbed a new egr-was putting it in, sorry i missed your post, can i reset it on this year

heres a pic of the supply vacuum lines, the one with the blue check valve on it goes to a vacuum reservoir in the pass fender then the red line turns into the black one that is sticking up and kinda looping around goes into the firewall. id unplug it where it goes from red to black and check to see if there is vacuum, if not start backtracking the reservoir has been known to crack and leak. you do have vacuum then its time to go into the car if

98lschvacsupplyvac.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back