questions about 94 mk VIII

defflepp1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
so i've got a couple more question that i would like answers to that are not related to the suspension.

when i adjust the passenger side mirror, the up buttons moves it in and the right button moves it out, down and left don't do anything. what could be causing this?

i've got the 10 disc CD changer in the trunk but when ever i play a CD and go over a bump it skips. i'm not stupid or anything i know that shock will cause a CD to skip but its not only big bumps that cause it, is it just because its so old that a little bump will cause it to skip, or is it that like the lense is dirty or something?

is it normal for the sunroof to go back almost all the way the stop with about 3 inches left and then have to push the button again to have it go back that 3 inches?

when i push down on the brake pedal it slows down but i have like 1/4 inch of play in the pedal where its still braking but the lights will go off, whats up with that?

when i just press the windshield washer button there is no fluid coming out but the wipers wipe, if i move it a little bit up or down then only the passenger side sprays, whats up with that?
thanks again for any advice to these problem :):):):)

At least your moonroof is working properly.:D

I think they did that for when you want less wind noise.

i've got the 10 disc CD changer in the trunk but when ever i play a CD and go over a bump it skips. i'm not stupid or anything i know that shock will cause a CD to skip but its not only big bumps that cause it, is it just because its so old that a little bump will cause it to skip, or is it that like the lense is dirty or something?

Remember you have a 16 year old Mark. It is highly possible that the suspension has never been changed. If you still have air bags, make sure the rear shocks are changed too. That should smooth out the ride and solve your skip issues.

is it normal for the sunroof to go back almost all the way the stop with about 3 inches left and then have to push the button again to have it go back that 3 inches?

Try lubricating the tracks. See if that helps.

when i push down on the brake pedal it slows down but i have like 1/4 inch of play in the pedal where its still braking but the lights will go off, whats up with that?

Change the brake booster. That's cheap insurance. It'll come with a new master cylinder. Yours is most likely 16 years old and never been changed.

when i just press the windshield washer button there is no fluid coming out but the wipers wipe, if i move it a little bit up or down then only the passenger side sprays, whats up with that?
thanks again for any advice to these problem

First check the hose make sure they are connected. If they are, have someone listen in the front of the car for the wiper motor. It's highly possible that the wire is disconnected or shorted out. The bumper is going to have to come off to get access to it. Good Luck.

as far as your wipers go the spray issue could be a disconnected line or a clogged line. now the fact that u have to move the multi function switch up or down a bit just means the connections are worn out from 16yrs of use, my intermittent wipers wont work unless its pushed forward to where the bright position is...just the consequences of owning a used car.

Just a thought...Jamie mentioned my clockspring is broken yesterday because I get the dash light and also my steering wheel buttons don't light up. I also have had the issue where my windshield washer squirters stopped working out of nowhere. I wonder if the broken clockspring can stop the steering wheel lights to work if it could also mess with the electrical connection for the squirter as well.

Just something to look into.

thanks for all the help with those problems, just another quick question, would a set of mustang rims fit on my car without modification or would i need to swap something out? thanks again :)

Mustangs have larger wheel bolt patterns than Marks, you will have to do the hub conversion for Mustang rims,

With your brake light going out try the Brake Light Switch located on the brake pedal arm under the dash, could be getting a short with full braking.

Wiper fluid...take a needle ( if you hear the pump working and hoses are connected) clean out the spray tips..they can get clogged with dirt over time

how hard is it to do the hub conversion and would i have to get a specific year or just any mustang hub

Members online

No members online now.
Back