question

WannabeeLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
And I'm sure imma get flamed but I did use search and didn't come up with the answer ....anyhow my brother has a 96 continental and its :q:q:q:q the bed however we saw a local selling a 94 mark for sale so I was wondering if the air ride and other parts are interchangeable....Thx for the help

The motor stuff minus the block , wheels, door Handel's, climate controls (kinda),
And maybe a small few other things.

I think he is more interested in knowing about the air ride components by the way I read his question. I would think that the bags and solenoids and the system would be interchangeable. I do not think Lincoln would make a one off for each model back then, would of been expensive to do that.

I was second guessing myself on the fronts now that you mention it as it is front wheel drive vs rear wheel drive.

Fronts are not interchangeable I'm not sure on the rears

neither is the rear, if anything the compressor could be made to work and maybe the solenoids. they are based off 2 totally different cars, continental=taurus markviii=t bird

Yep. Connie has struts in front like most FWD cars. Mark VIII doesn't. :D

And I'm not completely sure, but I think Connies have struts in the rear too.

I actually checked into that a while back myself for some reason. I was thinking that maybe they'd work. But there's not much suspension-wise that will interchange between the two.

Ah! I remember now! I wanted to see if the Connie's electronic adjustable shocks would work on the Mark VIII. Unfortunately, the Connie has a strut setup in front and that won't work on a Mark VIII. That was too bad. I'm still trying to find a set of adj. shocks from a T-Bird SC to experiment with, however...

Members online

No members online now.
Back