Question on that Turbo LS..

John_P007

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was looking at pic's of that LS they made to race with I think had over 400 hp the other day and had a question.. What year is it? I thought it was like an 04, but that grill was different wasn't it? The inner was like a lt gray insted of black wasn't it???? Maybe there is hope for me to finaly have some kind of grill for my LS.....

Has anyone had any dealings w/that chrome paint stuff? I was thinking of trying to find a place that does that chrome paint and paint the inner part of my grill.. What do you think?????

John_P007 said:
I was looking at pic's of that LS they made to race with I think had over 400 hp the other day and had a question.. What year is it? I thought it was like an 04, but that grill was different wasn't it? The inner was like a lt gray insted of black wasn't it???? Maybe there is hope for me to finaly have some kind of grill for my LS.....

Has anyone had any dealings w/that chrome paint stuff? I was thinking of trying to find a place that does that chrome paint and paint the inner part of my grill.. What do you think?????
all the pic and specs of the One Lap Of America car (and Yes - my name is one of the lucky one with my name on the sunroof decal!!):
2004 Cannonball - One Lap of America Vehicle Modifications

Vehicle
* Model: 2004 Lincoln LS
* Seats: SPARCO driver racing seat with 5 pt seating harness

Powertrain
* Specification: 2004 Roush 4.6L 2V Stage 3
* Supercharger: Roush M-90 with air to liquid intercooler at 10 psi of boost
* Headers: Ford Motor-Sport stainless steel
* Horsepower / Torque: 430 Hp @ 5250 rpm / 430 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm (Est.)

Transmission
* Model: 4R75W 4spd automatic
* Calibration: Unique transmission calibration for reduced shift times
* Temperature Monitoring: Unique algorithm to limit power/torque to prevent overheating

Exhaust
* Mufflers / Cats: Removed for increased flow
* H-Pipe: Replaced with X-Pipe to optimize pressure scavenging
* Sizing: Replaced cold-side with 2.5" stainless tubing
* Tip: Polished S197 Mustang tip

Aerodynamics
* Front / Rear: Aero kickers for high speed / crosswind stability
* Underbelly: Front undercarriage shield for reduction of front axle lift
* Deck-lid: 5-way adjustable rear deck-lid spoiler

Chassis
Wheels / Tires
* Front: Forged BBS 18 x 9 – P275/35/18 (Michelin Pilot Sport2)
* Rear: Forged BBS 18 x 9 – P275/35/18 (Michelin Pilot Sport2)

Rear Differential
* Differential: TORSEN limited slip with 3.58 ratio
* Half Shafts: 2002 T-bird (40mm)

Springs / Shocks / Stabar / Toe-link
* F/R Spring Rates: 61 / 63 N/mm
* F/R Stabar: 31.5mm Grippy / 21mm Solid
* F/R Shocks: LEDA 24-way adjustable dampers with adjustable spring perch
* Rear toe-link: Replaced compliant toe-link with solid link

Brakes
* Front: 330 mm – Cobra Brembo rotors with unique friction material
* Rear: Unique friction material
* F/R lines: Stainless / braided lines
* Ducts: Front brake cooling ducts

Ride Heights
* Front: Lowered 25 mm
* Rear: Lowered 20 mm

Alignment
* Front: Increased Camber to –1.5 deg
* Rear: Increased Camber to –1.3 deg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oloa Ls

The only thing I would like that would differ would be a 5 speed manual instead of the 4 speed auto. :steering:

WHAT ABOUT THE GRILL? IT's NOT THE FACTORY GRILL RIGHT? Is it me or is it like a light gray color???? What do u guys think???

Nothing special

It has either been painted or out of an LSE - grill color matches car, but not this one.

Not an LSE because that grill has inside chrome and outside color of the car, where as LS has inside black and outside chrome.

I used heat tape. The kind that you would use say around your furnace for leaks and such. Crap sticks good be careful. Lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back