question for TC Owner's

MrScalia

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've found a 2000 towncar cartier edition (w/salvaged title) I don't think you guy on the east coast even have clean or salvaged titles .

my question is this thing has 350k on the clock, yet the ad says its quiet and runs good. Looks to me like it could be from a limo co. (witch is a good thing)
Is this a good deal? I've found other 2000 TC with under 150k and they are selling for over $10k this guy wants $4500 for it .
its very clean!
How many more miles could I get out of this car? If I could get an other 100k-75k I would be happy
What kinda MPG do the 98+ TC get ?
crap I guess thats like 3 questions

here a link to the ad: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/244823202.html

BTW I have been also looking at the same year Conti ....

DSC00476.gif

DSC00481.gif

Depends on if the guy has the service records or not. IF it was a livery vehicle, getting the service records won't be a bad idea. I believe this has the 5.0 motor in it. These cars can go for 500K miles on the original engine... I bought mine from a former livery vehicle with 263K on the clock. for $3K

Depends on what you think, I would take it to get a complete physical at a Lincoln dealership, than make your decision... With that many miles, I would offer $3K max...

Better find out why the title salvaged-

Most salvaged cars will sell for $1000 or under. It can be very difficult to sell a car w/ salvaged title. I would offer them $400 cash due to salvage title and high mileage and see what they say. Tell them you are doing them a favor by taking if off their hands. You can always increase your offer later if I am wrong.

I wouldn't take the sellers word for it on the cause of the salvage title, either. Would the CA DMV tell you? I would try to go to the source.

I wouldn't ever pay more for it than I could quickly get back from partially or completely parting it.

Albeit nice, but these did NOT have the 5.0 in it - just the 4.6. Does it smoke @ start-up after sitting OVER NIGHT?

The high mileage would turn me away from that ASAP. Something I see in the MI area w/ high mileage vehicles (ANY make/model) after you buy them, a month or so poof, new motor time.

I'd also try to get a CarFax or something on it - WHY does it have a salvage tite?

We get awsome MPG in my TC, I think better then the Mark VIII.

Members online

No members online now.
Back