Question for QUIK LS about stock amp

lincoln0107

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i have the 12 speaker system in my ls and i just saw all the wiring for it....i have located the stock sub amp (which obviously only takes the low frequencies needed to wire an aftermarket sub amp)...my question is which two wires would be the left and right signal outputs.......the ones you could connect onto rca jack wires (red and white) just to get the signal and the remote turn on wire (blue on aftermarket amps) this way i could just run these wires to an aftermarket amp very easily .........the battery is in the back too so this would make wiring an aftermarket amp and sub in there a snap...........just thought i would ask you.......maybe you know.....before i got in there and started guessing and checking lol..............thanks in advance....
-Gilbert :Beer

ps if anyone else knows plz reply lol :feedback

It will sound like :q:q:q:q but can be done... The RCA will share a common ground... which is not going to do very well for sheilding. Also the DSP will limit your volume on the amp because the crossover is built into your HU To get better output use a High to low converter and run your RCAs from that but if you insist on using the stock low level outputs then here ya go......

Heres how you would do your job...

yellow/red wire will be your remote wire to amp...

red wire is your hot wire which i don't recommend using for an aftermarket amp its just so small, run a new wire directly from your batter which is already in the trunk so it will be piece of cake. Make sure you keep that wire insolated so that it doesn't short on the stray grounded metal in your trunk.

white/red wire will be the core of the Left RCA, she sheild will be the black wire wrapped in what looks like tape, keep in mind that that will be shared with the right RCA.

grey/red wire will be the right core for your RCA, remember it will share the same sheild as your left wire.

Black wire (not the sheild) will obviously be the ground wire. again i recommend just running a new ground...

------------------
Here is also something to consider. Some amplifiers give off radical signal noise. Your antenna is right above your trunk in your rear windsheild. In my case my amps signal noise gives me poor reception. But then again i am running a 3000 watt class D amp.

yeah defenitely i will run new batt and ground wires to get the power i just needed the rca jack wires and remote turn ons....thanks much!! maybe this thread can help out other ppl in the future too....thanks a lot man! :Beer :zgreenbou

Anyone know what the basic stereo is for the 2001 LS v6. Like i said in my other post, it doesnt even have a cd. Its the tape deck with a cd button. and without the alpine logo.
I want to get a descent sound without changing the head unit. Maybe one sub and an amp for the highs/mids.

Chris

lincoln0107 said:
yeah defenitely i will run new batt and ground wires to get the power i just needed the rca jack wires and remote turn ons....thanks much!! maybe this thread can help out other ppl in the future too....thanks a lot man! :Beer :zgreenbou

yep - it all got covered here. great post.

:L Man, u guys and audio dont go well together

3kW Class D Amp? Sheesh... you'd better be running Fiber to keep the noise out!

kleetus said:
3kW Class D Amp? Sheesh... you'd better be running Fiber to keep the noise out!
I explained what i did on another thread. I took great stuff which is an expanding phone and filled almost every gap between the body of the car and the trunk lining. Then i put felt on the back of my license plate and i put second skin in my doors. I still have rattle between my gas tank and trunk but its not much, you can see my car flex when its up... Even at my windsheild. Before i had my 3 12"s i had 8 8"s with the same amp and that actually cracked my rear windsheild and it was under warranty. After that i took them out and put the 12"s.

Sorry Man... I was meaning fiber optic cable for noise immunity from the class d's rather abrupt PWM like output. Sometimes my sarcasm/humor looses something in translation...

In any case, sounds like you have this pretty well "air tight" and should sound pretty wicked. I'm increasingly becoming annoyed with the poor performance of my glove box mounted cd changer, I swear it just skips to irritate me. That nice Alpine from my other car is sitting there calling my name...

Members online

Back