QTEC Swith

Midas78

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this on their LS, yet? If so, can you put a sound clip on here? I would almost prefer this "NASCAR" sounding option, than to a constant growl. Turning the noise on and off seems like a great idea, plus it less expensive than a Magnaflow, any idea how much a shop would charge for installation?

Thanks. :L

itsnotmydaddys said:
whats a qtec switch first off, and 2ndly do u work for midas? im having problems with my midas

Sorry, I don't work for the Midas Co.

The QTech switch is an electronic valve that when opened lets the exhaust come out of the side of the pipes instead of through the muffler. QuikLS had a link on it somewhere, but I can't find it now. :give

Ahh sort of like a waste gate for turbo's. Does it dump by itself or does the driver have to turn it on?

eL eS said:
Ahh sort of like a waste gate for turbo's. Does it dump by itself or does the driver have to turn it on?

The driver can control how much they want it to open.

Ah, the venerable QTEC Electric Cutout. DMH also makes one, similarily priced. These are quite popular in the F-Body world.

I'm curious to see (hear) what an LS8 would sound like with one myself.

had them on my last vechile:
QTEC25CP.jpg
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/images/QTEC25CP.jpg

qtecanimation.gif

many of the new high powered cars - including the new Z06 - have flapper valves in the muffler that open under WOT - making it like a staight pipe.

Quik LS said:
many of the new high powered cars - including the new Z06 - have flapper valves in the muffler that open under WOT - making it like a staight pipe.

Like so? Took me awhile to figure out what all that crap was on the tailpipe at the autoshow.

DSC00855s.jpg

slagburn said:
Like so? Took me awhile to figure out what all that crap was on the tailpipe at the autoshow.

Has anyone put this on their LS? Or is anyone familiar with the sound and performance of this compared to stock? Thanks.

It will be loud and annoying... and drone like a bastard on the inside. I didn't have this on my LS, but i did lop off the mufflers and run around like that for a few days. I imagine that it'd sound a bit like that.... sound clip:

http://www.wnec.edu/~mholhut/lincoln.mpg

Kiss all your low end torque goodbye. The car needs some backpressure to get off the line. A W/O exhaust would only be beneficial when the rpm's are high in the power band.

mholhut said:
It will be loud and annoying... and drone like a bastard on the inside. I didn't have this on my LS, but i did lop off the mufflers and run around like that for a few days.
Kiss all your low end torque goodbye. The car needs some backpressure to get off the line. A W/O exhaust would only be beneficial when the rpm's are high in the power band.

Thanks, that just the answer I was looking for. I just hope the Superflow 40's are not too loud.

:yourock:

Even though this is car is an LS, it's still a Lincoln. The car has superior noise control. My flowmasters seem really quiet as far as interior noise, but when my wife drives the car to work, I'm always standing outside as she rockets away so I can hear that beautiful sound! You can basicly put any muffler on these cars and they'll sound good and not give you alot of noise on the inside.

Try looking at the FR500 exhaust from FRPP. Their cat back for the Cobras are amazing. Very, very quiet compared to other aftermarket exhausts. But the use dual mode mufflers so when you stick your foot in it, they open up and have a very nice sound...but not obnoxious. I have it on my 04 Cobra and love it. I wanted performance but not the noise. I couldn't see having a red 400 hp sports car that makes a lot of noise. You would just be asking for trouble. I believe you can by the mufflers seperately. It might be worth seeing if you can make them work and have a shop mandrel bend the rest of the exhaust for you.

I might have asked this earlier, but what about using flowmaster 40s or 50s delta flow. Any idea on sound, maybe just a little quieter?

Members online

No members online now.
Back