Pulled the trigger on the RotorPros kit...

Lincoln Luebbe

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Called and talked to the guy yesterday. I got the same set-up that Xford did for the same price. Not sure how long it will take to get from California to Ohio, but I am looking forward to swapping them out!

To those of you who have done it, is there anything special I need to know about swapping brake lines on the Gen II LS??? I know about the tech article (Gen I). Anything funky with the ABS???

Linc, glad to hear you got the same deal.

I did not think anything was overly trickey about the ss line install. Make sure you get a good brake fluid for ABS systems, I got ATE SL-6 and am happy with it. I went through almost a full 1 Litre can. I bled all four corners 2 times and am glad I did because I got some residual air bubbles from the right rear on the second pass.

Thanks for the tip on the double bleeding. Where did you get the fluid from?

Also I just noticed your location are you from Folsom, CA? I grew up in Sac Town!

Do you know if he will do any special finishes on the rotors? I have been considering doing this but didn't know if the special was still available or not

Will do! What's the story on those rims?

They were on back-order.
I got so sick of waiting, I was actually going to cancel the order yesterday and just go with Coventry hornets.

Called them yesterday and they said they finally got them in. They are shipping it out on Monday and i should have it by Friday and hopefully i will get some tires on them on Saturday.

We will see how it goes. I will keep you in the loop.

Cool deal Edgar, for sure start the obligatory new thread when they come in !!

Bullschmidt, he did not mention any special finishes for the price I paid. Just the silver zinc coated rotors (drilled/slotted) and front SS lines was the package I got. But I did see on their website they have a new black zinc coating. If you want something like that they are pretty quick to respond to email, or you could call them and see what the pricing might be with the different coating.

(714)309-3620

info@rotorpros.net

Thanks for the tip on the double bleeding. Where did you get the fluid from?

Also I just noticed your location are you from Folsom, CA? I grew up in Sac Town!

I got the fluid via Amazon.

I lived in Folsom for 6 years...Johnny Cash told me I got a pretty nice car for a guy in Prison...HAHA

I now live on the outskirts of Stockton..I have moved around a bunch.

Cool deal Jolinc01-

Xford, I remember when I was young I always knew we were "all most there" when we reached Stockton, my cousins live in Modesto. I haven't been out there since right before 9/11. My wife has never been, we have talked about going to visit my mom's side of the family one day. Small world!

Members online

Back