Puddle Lamps 05 Ls

lls05

New LVC Member
Reaction score
HOW DO I REPLACE MY PUUDLE LAMP BULB IN THE MIRRORS ON A 2005 LINCOLN LS? THEY LOOK LIKE THEY ARE A SOLID POD AND CANT CHANGE THE BULB TO A LED LIGHT.
DAN
DUPD120@YAHOO.COM

Unhook the puddle lamp from the mirror. I just used two sets of pliers, grabbed the bottom and the top part's lip and pulled, be careful so you dont break it. It comes off, you can also try and wedge a flat head in there to not break anything. I just used super glue so put it back together cause I didn't have anything else but you can use sealant or some epoxy. Oh and if you're getting some led bulb replacement. Those run a little fatter from the ends than the stock ones so you'll have to open up to two clips that hold the bulb a little so if fits. Just widen it up a bit and it'll fit, just make sure you have the polarity on the right side before you seal them up.

^^^^^^ ;) Well you were the one i read it from.Thanks for the tips

Unhook the puddle lamp from the mirror. I just used two sets of pliers, grabbed the bottom and the top part's lip and pulled, be careful so you dont break it. It comes off, you can also try and wedge a flat head in there to not break anything. I just used super glue so put it back together cause I didn't have anything else but you can use sealant or some epoxy. Oh and if you're getting some led bulb replacement. Those run a little fatter from the ends than the stock ones so you'll have to open up to two clips that hold the bulb a little so if fits. Just widen it up a bit and it'll fit, just make sure you have the polarity on the right side before you seal them up.
so the clear plastic piece comes off of the pod right? do you know what the number is for the buld replacement? thanks for your help

i had to cut mine apart, and i used a different style bulb (194 base w/18 LED's) and just soldered wires from the base to the prongs on the original base, and epoxied the new bulb into the right position and epoxied it all back together. i went with the biggest bulb i could fit as to keep the brightness up and it turned out its actually brighter then the original was.

Yeah, the plastic piece comes of the dome black piece. Its jst glued together so it comes off. One of mine came off pretty easy cause the glue was worn out but the other I had to give it a good pull.

Well from http://www.v-leds.com/ its these.

WHITE MSMT 6 LED DOME LIGHT 3022 3021 DE3175 6428 6430, these are for the puddle lights

I saved this from someone who posted them a while ago and its what I got too.

SUPER WHITE 9 LED DOME LIGHT BULB 212 211 212-2 214-2 578, this was for the trunk

2 HID WHITE SMT 5 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821; these are for the interior including dome, footwell, glove box, rear ocrap handles, you need 7 of these total

2 HID WHITE HIGH POWER LICENSE PLATE LED BULBS 194 168 158

all bulbs are 194 except for the trunk, 212, puddle lights which are above,

Members online

No members online now.
Back