PS3 Question.

Xbox for the fail. Red rings of death is retarded, just make a gaming console that won't overheat and die. For your ps3, are you planning installing a 3rd party os? (linux) if so, the new 120gb won't do it. I have the 40gb and it works fine, I ran out of space once, then deleted a few things. PSN = bgeezy813

Why are we talking about the xbox?????

From what I understand all PS3's have bluetooth and non of the PS3s came with an IR or an RF sensor. so you would need to find an IR or an RF sensor that can attach to the PS3 so you can use your remote. So the slim should be the same as any other PS3.

A friend of mine recently added an RF sensor to his ps3 because he put it in a closet along with the cable box out of sight. As far as the PS3 goes, I bought the 40g and put an 500g HDD in it. That was before they came out with the 120 and 160 gigs. I have most of my music library on it. I'm running monster cable 1000 series HDMI cables from the ps3 to my yamaha reciever. Then from the reciever to the tv wich is a Sony 52" 1080p 120hertz. I may change this up because in order for the tv to come on, you have to have the reciever on all the time because the signal is passing through it. The only thing that I don't like about my setup is I have to have the tv on when playing music which is wasting life on the tv and generating heat. I'm trying to figure out a way around that. But if you don't want to change out the internal drive , just buy an external drive the size that you need format it and just plug it in to the PS3.

Wireless SUCKSSS for online gaming, this shouldn't even be an issue.

Wow... just wow...

Geno... You can add ANY external HD to your PS3...

I need to start at the beginning with all of this.

The PS3 is such a GIANT leap forward in Home entertainment its not even funny...

Its everything you would need and or want for a center of your home entertainment experience. You can play anything on it, and make it the hub of everything if you know what you are doing...

I have no idea why anybody is bringing up the Xbox. That is not even worth mentioning! What a PILE!!!

The PS3 > than the Xbox in every aspect. The online marketplace, gaming experience, controller, game choices, hardware, software, upgradability, etc and so on...

Oh and Wireless EVERYTHING FTMFW!!! If you can't play online with the wireless capability of the PS3, its your home connection, not the PS3.

The Blu Ray feature alone is worth the price, not to mention the upconvert is one of the best I have seen.

Geno,

I literally have it set up so I can watch ANY MOVIE I want by connecting through an online server system that gets its stream from my home hard drive. This means I watch any movie, tv show, music, etc and so on that exists all from the comfort of my armchair...

Just buy ANY PS3 and join the revolution...

Heres my rundown for the 7.2 Theater so far.

Reciever: Sony STR-DA6400ES.

post-1-1220608609.jpg

strda6400es-back.jpg

Front speakers JBL Studio L L890's.

jbl-studio-l890_1.jpg

Center channel JBL Studio L LC2.

407280.jpg

Side speakers JBL Studio L820's.

407265.jpg

Rear speakers JBL Studio L L830's.

202985794.jpg

Primary front channel sub JBL Studio L L8400P. This MFR pounds!!

407283.jpg

Rear channel sub (laying on its side under the couch) Sony SA WD200.

sa-wd200.jpg

Blu-Ray/Gaming Sony PS3 160gb.

sony_ps3.jpg

TV LG 55LH40 55 inch 120hz motion flow hung on the wall clean.

lglh55lcdtv.jpg

13 woofers total, 5 mids, 6 tweeters & 7 super tweeters.

Oh and Wireless EVERYTHING FTMFW!!! If you can't play online with the wireless capability of the PS3, its your home connection, not the PS3.

Negative. You can't beat a hard wired connection for gaming. I had one of the best routers, which is still awesome. (Belkin N1+) I also had a good wireless receiver. When I hard wired it, it made a world of difference. My connection at home runs about 15mbps and I can't recall the upload but it was above average.

Heres my rundown for the 7.2 Theater so far.

Reciever: Sony STR-DA6400ES.

post-1-1220608609.jpg

strda6400es-back.jpg

Front speakers JBL Studio L L890's.

jbl-studio-l890_1.jpg

Center channel JBL Studio L LC2.

407280.jpg

Side speakers JBL Studio L820's.

407265.jpg

Rear speakers JBL Studio L L830's.

202985794.jpg

Primary front channel sub JBL Studio L L8400P. This MFR pounds!!

407283.jpg

Rear channel sub (laying on its side under the couch) Sony SA WD200.

sa-wd200.jpg

Blu-Ray/Gaming Sony PS3 160gb.

sony_ps3.jpg

TV LG 55LH40 55 inch 120hz motion flow hung on the wall clean.

lglh55lcdtv.jpg

13 woofers total, 5 mids, 6 tweeters & 7 super tweeters.

That's a nice setup. I'm running with a Klipsch Quintett III system with their 10" subs. I bought some Klipsch B3 bookshelf speakers from Circuit City when they were going out of business for a good price. Put them up front and put the two satellites in the rear. Now I have 7.1 surround. I've been thinking about going with an 12" though.

Thanks man. The 12 inch JBL hits but Im in a big room and LOVE slammin' bass so I am looking for another one right now. Grand total for the WHOLE system less PS3 is a tick over 5k, took a year to do it and its mostly refurbs from JBL's Ebay store but man what a deal.

ALL the JBL's are refurbs, all else is new. Klipsch stuff is insane. I remember back in the 80's going to "Bryn Mawr Stereo" (You Nj locals may remember that store) to hear the MONSTER Klipsch Cornwalls!! Man they slammed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back