Project Vision 2001 LS

lsdarkshadow

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I don't know alot of you guys personally like alot of you know each other. But I have gotten alot of good mechanical advise. I have always been more of a body work hobbiest.

Well I just got a garage finnally where I can do the custom body kit concept I have been working on. I will be starting this fall and wanted to start this thread to include concept work and progress pictures as I am going through the process.

The body kit comes from four pieces. Early 90's Accord side skirts. Late 90's Civic Lower bumper lip. And a fully integrated bumper from a e90 bmw.

It's gonna be a very sick and aggressive look. Hopefully...:D

I the mean time I have been working on blacking out interior wood grain. I have a fully gray interior now. I will be giving all the doors a two-tone with black leather. Then the seats. interior will be done hopefully by October, and the bodykit by Next March in time for car show season in East Texas.

I'll keep posting the progress, and you guys can let me know what you think as It goes along. Thanks.

PS- Please keep the thread on topic as it will be a continual process.

Front Lip.jpg

Acc94-972-4ZEROSS.jpg

Side Skirt Project.jpg

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

rear3.jpg

rear4.jpg

10.JPG

sounds great, i like the idea your going with for the interior, your definately doing things people havent tried and hopefully it does like sick

The bumpers line up an all? Or you're just using how it looks as a reference to make your own?

The bumpers line up an all? Or you're just using how it looks as a reference to make your own?

Putting the car on four 3 1/2 ton jack stands, then using a sting and a level to trim and hang. The front and back bumper first, then the sides. I picked these pieces first because of the fact that they are nearly the right size. Trimming will be minimal. Streching the side skirts will be needed,(2.75 inches short) and grafting the rear bumper will be the biggest work.

Oh, Alax7, now you can see the areas I PM'd you about when I said I needed odd piece mesh. I am having all the wholes in the front, side, back and hood vents to be the same mesh. I am doing a vent from a 70's datson 200z and grafting an aluminum evo vent in the hood.

More pics of doors with painted wood only. Leather hides for leather door tops will be installed by week three of August

Ok, i see now. Well just let me know how much you want

The interior looks good...

But I am not feelen that kit at all, maybe I will like it as progress begins. But if that one with the mesh is the front, then I am already going to say it appears it will look cheap.

I will keep checking for updates though!

But I am not feelen that kit at all, maybe I will like it as progress begins. But if that one with the mesh is the front, then I am already going to say it appears it will look cheap.

i agree with you, like it looks cheap all seperated but i have a feeling that it will look really good after everything is put together

The mesh part with the exhaust cutouts is the rear piece.

e90 rear.jpg

Last edited:
I will wait to pass judgement until I see concept art, or a finished product. Kudos for having the guts to take on the project. We need more like you.

Concept art is on the way. Maybe another week. The artist was at my crib last week taking pics and drawing sketches.

Also, engine bay pics come monday. Putting the last couple of pieces together this weekend. And Better interior pics for sure tonite.

I don't know alot of you guys personally like alot of you know each other. But I have gotten alot of good mechanical advise. I have always been more of a body work hobbiest.

Well I just got a garage finnally where I can do the custom body kit concept I have been working on. I will be starting this fall and wanted to start this thread to include concept work and progress pictures as I am going through the process.

The body kit comes from four pieces. Early 90's Accord side skirts. Late 90's Civic Lower bumper lip. And a fully integrated bumper from a e90 bmw.

It's gonna be a very sick and aggressive look. Hopefully...:D

I the mean time I have been working on blacking out interior wood grain. I have a fully gray interior now. I will be giving all the doors a two-tone with black leather. Then the seats. interior will be done hopefully by October, and the bodykit by Next March in time for car show season in East Texas.

I'll keep posting the progress, and you guys can let me know what you think as It goes along. Thanks.

PS- Please keep the thread on topic as it will be a continual process.

What ever happened with this project?

I'd realy like to see this project come threw. Here on LVC I've seen alot of them get started but most never get done......

It sounded so promising, hopefully he didn't put it on pause of just forgot about it

Is there some other car similar to the LS that has a good amount of aftermarket body kits being they were in production longer? I believe there's 2 similar looking cars to the LS, but can't remember for sure. Maybe a Galant or something? Maybe since another car is similar in style & size it wouldn't be hard to fit on the LS?

I forgot about this thread too. I hope he has an update on the progress!

Looks cheap.

The sideskirts dont line up right and they did a crappy job color matching the paint.

I like the idea & look of it but it doesn't seem like it came out properly 100% right. Like the other dude said the side skirts don't line up & color match is off...

Members online

No members online now.
Back