Progressive build

nocalking

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I bought my second Mark Friday. I have gone through and I haven’t rally found what I was looking for, so I figured I would chronicle my build. I love the cars and I found a diamond in the….. well I found the car I’m going to build up. 1993 Mark VIII with 64k miles on it, jewel green with mocha interior, it’s in good shape inside and out. I bought this car last Friday, buffed it out and put a new head unit in it Tuesday, Wednesday I drove it down to Sacramento and took it to the track, first time on a track I ran 15.659. Seven runs later, last run of the night, I ran a 15.102.

Well I plan to make this a low 13s car because my buddy said there was no way in hell that I could, so :q:q:q:q him I’m going to make sure this Lincoln annihilates his 99 GT along with all his other Mustangs.

I plan to do:
Intake (LMS)
Exhaust (LMS)
Chip (LMS)
Gears (3.73 or 4.10)
Trackloc
Transmission done the hilt (LMS)
Injectors (LMS)
Complete fuel system upgrade (LMS)
Nology wires (LMS)

I will do one thing at a time and race at the track to see the differences each makes so I can get a real life idea of the improvements. If any of you have ideas on what I should do it would be much appreciated.

Congrads on the purchase. Your gonna need a high stall converter to go with the mods. 3000+ range. Low 13's on motor alone is a lofty goal but, doable. Look foward to see your progress. Keep us to date.

I plan to do:
Intake (LMS)
Exhaust (LMS)
Chip (LMS)
Gears (3.73 or 4.10)
Trackloc
Transmission done the hilt (LMS)
Injectors (LMS)
Complete fuel system upgrade (LMS)
Nology wires (LMS)

I have done all those accept for the injectors and fuel system upgrade. I dont know what I am running in the 1/4, I am guessing low 14's. I ran a best of 14.6 before I did the new tuner and cobra intake, but I seriously doubt I would be in the low 13's right now, maybe the high 13's if I am lucky. Good luck dude.

Good luck is just it, I broke 12.98 by pure luck with this set up, most of the time I am around a flat 13 to 13.3. 4000LBS + car takes a bit to get moving.

Isky cams, Kieth black pistons, H beam rods, Cobra crank, total seal rings.
Cobra intake modified, modified IMRC's, Steeda under drive crank pulley and timing adjuster, EV6 24LBS injectors, MSD coils, custom CAI, modified 90MM stock Ford MAS.
3500 Baumman stall, 75R4W valve body with a Baumann stage 4 kit, Gen 1 drive shaft . 3:53 gears and LOC have 3:73's also.
Twin X pipes, 2.5 dual to back no mufflers third cat removed.
P.S. thats with putting down around 300RWHP on the dyno

DSCF0018.JPG

Ok I am not slacking, I am just having a hell of a time getting anything for the 93, hell I have not even found an alternator that fits with the stock wiring, and I’m having trouble with the chip. I'm starting to not like the 93s

Members online

No members online now.
Back