Problems with rear tires

galantz28x

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been going through rear tires in an average of 3 months (good tires). They wear completely across pretty evenly. Does anyone know what this could be from, or gas anyone else experienced this. I have an 05 LS V8 with xcal and intake. I drive slightly more aggressive than most, but NEVER race or peel out. Three months is just rediculous to go from new to bald. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I second that. Also, if you believe it isn't the tires themselves, then go get it aligned at a nearby shop for less than $75 to double check.

+1 to the tread wear. 220 280 are pretty low. Lower # = faster tread wear with better grip. higher # = slower tread wear with less grip. All of that is thrown out if you :burnout: :burnout:

may want to also have the rear toe checked... That could potentially cause uniform, increased wear.

Yea, sounds like a decent set of all season tires and an alignment are in your future. Keep an eye on tire pressure too.

i even have coopers...
Youd be surprised how long those crappy tires can last. The ones on mine are rated 360 tread wear. That's about a 30k mile tire. I got just over 10k, and I burned them all the time.

Thanks for the help everyone, I will invest in some longer tread life tires, and make sure I get an alignment. I was just wondering if I was the only one having these issues.

Members online

Back