Problems after battery replacement?

mholhut

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Since no dealer in the area seems to carry a battery for the LS, I went with a NAPA gold series. Fit is perfect and cost was reasonable at $73.69.

The car's been sitting without a battery for two days so I installed the battery and took the car for a rip. I know the pcm needs time to relearn all the curves, but I experienced some unusual things in the short test ride.

First, the car bucked like a mule when I booted it a couple times. From a stop I spun the tires (AT was off) then it started bucking until I backed out of it. From a roll it was relatively smooth at WOT, but could detect slight hesitations... probably a coil. Second, I was in SST and booted it from a roll. Car fell flat on it's face. When I looked down, the stick was in SST mode but the indicator on the dash read D5 and not SST.

I figure I'll give it a hundred or so miles before I start beating on it again. Any ideas?

I've have my LS disconnected from battery 100 times - nothing weird like that.

Mike,

Sounds like it's possessed. Like Lou above I've had my battery disconnected countless times and never experienced anything like that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back