Problems after battery replacement?

mholhut

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Since no dealer in the area seems to carry a battery for the LS, I went with a NAPA gold series. Fit is perfect and cost was reasonable at $73.69.

The car's been sitting without a battery for two days so I installed the battery and took the car for a rip. I know the pcm needs time to relearn all the curves, but I experienced some unusual things in the short test ride.

First, the car bucked like a mule when I booted it a couple times. From a stop I spun the tires (AT was off) then it started bucking until I backed out of it. From a roll it was relatively smooth at WOT, but could detect slight hesitations... probably a coil. Second, I was in SST and booted it from a roll. Car fell flat on it's face. When I looked down, the stick was in SST mode but the indicator on the dash read D5 and not SST.

I figure I'll give it a hundred or so miles before I start beating on it again. Any ideas?

I've have my LS disconnected from battery 100 times - nothing weird like that.

Mike,

Sounds like it's possessed. Like Lou above I've had my battery disconnected countless times and never experienced anything like that.

Members online

Back