problem with heat turning on and off

cdymyd

LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys i just noticed the past couple weeks the heat in my 93 has been cutting on and off whenever i hit a bump in the road or a pot hole..normally it pauses for a second and then turns back on but recently it has been just cutting off..i used to be able to hit the glove box nd it would turn right back on but now it has just cut off completely..has anyone had a similar problem? or is there a post already up about this?

common issue, it's the wire lead going from the controller TO the fan motor.
over time the plugs get melted from the heat and cause goofy connection issues.

When you pull your glove box door down you'll see the wire lead I'm referring to
it's about 6-8 inches long..it's in plan sight when you pull the glove box door down.
This is such a common issue that the wire loom as a ford part # on it.

it's easy to replace as well....
Hopefully it's only the wire lead and hasn't corroded the male pins in the fan/blower motor, but "fret not" changing the blower motor on the first gen isn't much harder than changing the wire lead... the blower motor comes out very easy.

I'll third that exact thing. Anytime you have the fan on high it gets hot. I had to replace my motor too the f'g thing pulled out of the motor when I tried crimping the pigtail connector with a pliers. Jamie set me up reasonable and very quickly with a used motor and plug. I suggest going that route, no need for a new one, he won't send you a junk one.

You might get lucky, and be able to just squeeze the connectors back together some like I attempted. Didn't work for me cause it was just too brittle. And I was impatient. It was hot, I wanted AC lol

thanks guys i opened up my gove box today nd saw the problem..im gonna try to get to it sometime this week..at least winters almost over

Members online

No members online now.
Back