Problem after blown lower ball joint

Fatmac

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I blew out the lower ball joint Monday week ago. Luckily I have just got into the parking lot and was getting ready to back in when it went. Any way had it towed home. The guy had to use the tow bar that cradled the front tires. I turned off the air ride switch in the trunk because he said that the car had to be running to tow it so not to damage the tranny. Got it home and the driver parked it just where I needed it and left it on my jack stands, nice guy!
So now I have replaced the lower ball joint and was going to reinflate the front air shock I took off and the air ride will not come on at all. Also noticed tha the ABS light is on. I have checked all the fuses and relays, even the air compressor relay, had a spare one that I pulled off a junker at the junk yard.
Thanks to all before hand.

sounds like you didnt let it fill the bag some before you let the car all the way down
or didnt turn it back on in the trunk

That is what I was trying to do. I have the tire on the ground and have it jacked up to about ride hight air switch on started car and the compressor didn't come on, and the ABS light is on.

check the abs sensor wire on the wheel you blew the ball joint on, might have pinched it

Well I got the air back up and going. I just had it jacked up a couple of inches to high. But The ABS light is still on. I'll check on the sensor and wiring tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks

if the ball joint broke then 100 bucks says you tugged on the abs wire and stretched it to the point of breaking it, you may not see it physically broken like a normal broken wire, but the wire is braided like a coax ground inside the plastic jacket, it could be ripped internally. i have done this a few times rebuilding front ends on these cars, i get ahead of myself and knock the spindle loose with the wire still hooked to the car and snap!! luckily for you finding one wont be hard, 93-97 are all the same, 98 forget it lol open your wallet!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back