probe v6 5 speed vs mark VIII

RustyBaker

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My girlfriends little brother just got his first car but he still cant drive alone. HE swears though that his car will beat mine, I told him theres no chance in hell. Can someone please tell me how bad he will get beaten so i cant print this out and rub it in his face.

95 ford probe gt v6 5 speed stock vs. 93 stock mark viii

RustyBaker said:
My girlfriends little brother just got his first car but he still cant drive alone. HE swears though that his car will beat mine, I told him theres no chance in hell. Can someone please tell me how bad he will get beaten so i cant print this out and rub it in his face.

95 ford probe gt v6 5 speed stock vs. 93 stock mark viii

94 Ford Probe GT: 7.5 to 60, 15.7 in the 1/4
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII: 7.1 to 60, 15.4 in the 1/4

I'm sure yours is auto, so most likely you'd win, because im sure he can't shift fast, or powershift, I reckon if he powershifted, you'd lose.

Geeez. If you can't beat a Probe, sell the car.
icon12.gif

just to make sure you do not lose ( which i doubt ) get a tune up. if you have then..... go for it!

I've destroyed every Ford Probe that has met me at a stop light or highway. He has zero chance...

That's what I like to here confidence!!! Zero Chance.... Love it!!!

Plus it doesn't matter.... He's got a Ford Probe!! You have a Lincoln Mark VIII

Ford Probe - Lincoln Makr VIII!! Hmmmm

Nice car for a newbie!! It will be nice for him in his HS crowd!! They'll love it.

Go Blow his doors off and then let him talk about the Mark VIII to his friends!!!

the boy won't be able to drive a stick for :q:q:q:q. He could be driving a Viper and you would still beat him based on his skills (or lack thereof). Combine that with him driving a Probe and you will beat him bad. When i first started driving stick it took me a couple of months to really feel comfortable. Another thing for his dumbass, he probably doesn't even know that you have to redline those engines to get peak power. I have known people to race and lose and i would ask them if they at least shifted in redline each gear and you would be suprised of the amount of people who were scared to even go close to redline. No wonder you lost.....idiot, i would respond.

At any rate, post the results. This oughta be good............

Ya if he's a new driver must not know how to drive stick. So I must go with you unless its wet out then him b/c you probly just be roasting them.:)

dump ur girlfriend for having such a dumb brother to think he can beat you.

joking of course lol, but even if he had the probe GT, he'd still have no chance

I reckon if he powershifted, you'd lose. HAHAHA WTF
a buddy of mine has had two of them. and althoe he gets all avalable upgrads he will be the first to say it is a P.O.S. I have beat him every time (and he can powershift better than most) I even offer to give him a tennis ball (racing turm) and we could race for $$ he sead no way. he did not want to give away his money.

Powershifting does make a difference, but not that big of one. I would put my money on you winning, but I wouldnt bet a whole lot.

When i had my 90 LSC, one of my buddies thought he could beat me with his 99 K.i.a.(Killed in action) Sephia just because it had a 5-speed... He was sadly mistaken... Same thing with this other kid that i know, he has a saturn SC1 with a 5-speed. JUST BECAUSE IT HAS 5 GEARS, DOES NOT MEAN IT GOES 5 TIMES FASTER!!! DAMN KIDS!!! :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

not true I was able to get better track times In an auto than stick For a drag race in cars like we drive, an auto is way better. you can lunch harder and With the right torkconverter plant that power much better. stick is a disadvantige. when was the last time you saw a 6 speed Z28 (with subfram concters) blow a T-top off when launching. It is also more consistant, and that makes a world of difference.

dertyclown said:
not true I was able to get better track times In an auto than stick For a drag race in cars like we drive, an auto is way better. you can lunch harder and With the right torkconverter plant that power much better. stick is a disadvantige. when was the last time you saw a 6 speed Z28 (with subfram concters) blow a T-top off when launching. It is also more consistant, and that makes a world of difference.

what you said is completely true but were talking apples and oranges. Imports, or any small engine, needs stick shift so the driver can wring out all the power an engine has in each of its 5 gears a.k.a redlining each gear. This is because small engines generate their peak power in the higher rpms. Automatics shift too quickly to reach redline so the engine never reaches its sweet spot. Also with a stick you can keep the engine in the higher rpms when coming out of a corner, acclerating, etc where an auto won't. Lastly, those engines are so small that an automatic tranny really sucks the life out of it. They just don't have the torque to turn an automatic tranny quickly(in race situations). Import automatics with small engines (like Civics) are PAINFULLY slow shifting and accelerating. Trust me i know.

dertyclown said:

Iv'e seen a 6-speed Z28 blow a passenger side t-top out......I guess 625 Ft/lbs, 9", and slicks will do that to you. The car was never the same after that.:rolleyes:

625 that must be a sweet ride. ? did he ever replace the T-top? my buddy just shoved it back in and it has deep gashes in it. he will buy a 12point rool cage but no new t topWTF is with that???
any way contray to the populer belief stick Is simpley not faster, hold it to the red line that is why peple make and buy chips for ther cars. to inprove that to the max performance. also we were talking a dragrace small or big moter. Any size moter can be better with a stick on a roadrace corse, but when your doing strate that does little more than say removing the pasinger seat, at beas .0001 of a sec. that can be made or lost in a good lunch, of even better tires.
:soapbox: does any one hear think they can shift faster than a computer??
if you do then try turning off a light and jumping in to bed befor the light goes out. Ill bet you cant.

The car was wrecked a few months ago. He still has the engine, and drivetrain.
I'm trying to talk him into dropping it in an LT1 C-4 Vette.

talk him into droping it in a MarkVII that would be one sweet ride.

Members online

Back