Prequel to Air Ride Woes?

netsurfer321

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, it's John again. Here I go.

The other night I came home and parked my '95 Lincoln Continental in the driveway like I do every night. When I went to leave the next morning, I came out to find the suspension dropped on the rear right side. I started the car, and flipped the air ride switch back and forth, then moved it to the street and let it sit while I went to get the keys to my other car. When I returned outside, I was delighted to see that the car had actually righted itself and was no longer sagging. This excited me, but also left me with a feeling of worry. The pump makes a very noticable whirring noise when it inflates the bags and the rear shocks. My girlfriend, who also drives a black '95 Lincoln Continental (I liked the car so much I had to get one) had her whole air suspension system replaced. Her pump is new, and it only inflates when the car is on and once in a while while she drives. Mine however, pumps quite frequently, which leads me to believe I might have a leak. Is there any cheap way to replace the pump by myself? I am not even sure where it is located. Thanks guys.

Yes, it sounds like a leak in your airbag. I had same problem with my 94 conti but the back wouldn't rise. Made the 4 wheel conversion to regular struts & now am back driving with no future "air ride" problems.

netsurfer321 said:
Hey Everyone, it's John again. Here I go.

The other night I came home and parked my '95 Lincoln Continental in the driveway like I do every night. When I went to leave the next morning, I came out to find the suspension dropped on the rear right side. I started the car, and flipped the air ride switch back and forth, then moved it to the street and let it sit while I went to get the keys to my other car. When I returned outside, I was delighted to see that the car had actually righted itself and was no longer sagging. This excited me, but also left me with a feeling of worry. The pump makes a very noticable whirring noise when it inflates the bags and the rear shocks. My girlfriend, who also drives a black '95 Lincoln Continental (I liked the car so much I had to get one) had her whole air suspension system replaced. Her pump is new, and it only inflates when the car is on and once in a while while she drives. Mine however, pumps quite frequently, which leads me to believe I might have a leak. Is there any cheap way to replace the pump by myself? I am not even sure where it is located. Thanks guys.

Members online

No members online now.
Back